RB25DET - No Injector Pulse

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by TYSON, Nov 16, 2014.

1. TYSON

TYSON Member

Afternoon all,

I am not getting any injector pulse following an engine swap on my RB25DET powered BMW E36. Prior to the swap (from an old rb) to a refreshed engine it started first time (to my amazement). However, now that the new engine is in I am not getting any fuel. The pump is priming, the fuel lines are the correct way around, I have 12v on cranking and I checked continuity from the injector plug to the ecu for each of the ground signals.

I disconnected the CAS, plugged a separate injector loom in with an injector so I could spin the cas. I could hear the coilpacks working (also checked with a light attached) but nothing from the injectors. Mine is a S1 but I have also tried a S2 ECU I had spare as I believe they will still work (it didn't). I am now at a loss as to what to check next as my research hasn't helped and I am not sure where to go next. I had hoped I had missed an earth but from the wiring diagrams it appears to just be the 6 wires to the ecu plus a 12v supply which are all connected. Apologies for the essay.

On another note I have now decided to name her Lisa after my wife as shes pretty to look at, but fighting me all the way and much more expensive than I had ever thought.

Cheers for the help:dw:

2. hadyedar

hadyedar New Member

hi all...can some one xplain to me about Rb20det CAS working...there are 4 pin= 120°signal,1°signal,power and lastly earth.CAS pin no1 (120°)connected to ecu pin (41,51 crank angle sensor 120°).CAS pin no2(1°) connected to ecu pin(42,52 crank angle sensor 1°),CAS pin no3(power)conected to ecu pin(49,59 control unit power supply and ECCS RELAY)last CAS pin no4(earth/ground) connected to ecu pin (50 ground control unit) and body(earth).The question is what will happen if CAS pin no4(ground) wire snap(it still contact but remain few wire left).I've check CAS connector harness with Testlight pin 120°,1°,Power all current ok but the last one GROUNDING pin4 wire no current..i think/guess that causes injector no pulse because Ive read most Rb20det sensor using EARTH(GROUND).Correct me if i wrong.Is it posible to direct CAS grounding wire directly bypass ECU to body@engine(GROUND)does rb20det have injector fuse and relay?where is it mounted(cefiro a31)

3. hadyedar

hadyedar New Member

same problem as you(CAS)

hi there..my cefiro rb20det have the same problem..do you solve it yet?im stuck..normally rb20det CAS have 4 pin (120°,1°,power and ground)rite?when u test all pin is there all LED(test light)?mine 3 pin ok(LED on)accept grounding(earth)pin.is that normal?how to fix it?please help

4. hadyedar

hadyedar New Member

i dont know ECCS relay ok or not.can it cause injector no pulse problems?its very² hard and complex coz rb wiring run with grounding..sorry im not good in english,hope you understand

5. NikH

NikH Member

ECCS relay gives the injectors power. Check you have the correct voltages at the relay. Ive had 2 go down on 2 separate looms. just looped a 12v feed into mine to get it working again

6. hadyedar

hadyedar New Member

hey nikh..rb20det CAS have 4 pin which is 120°,1°,power and ground rite..ive check it whit test light 3 pin(120,1,power) ok LED light on but when to ground pin nothing happen(LED off)is that normal or not?can it cause injector no pulse?