Engine wiring - the basics

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Tommyboyblitz, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Tommyboyblitz

Tommyboyblitz New Member

Hi, I need some advice and help with wiring. I am plonking a 1JZ gte vvti into my lexus is200, i have bought the engine which came with an EMU ecu already wired into the engine, I have pretty much all other parts i need, front sump, mounts etc, just waiting on a gearbox then i can get bits like drive shaft and gear linkage made up to fit.

All mechanical side of things im pretty hot on, but when it comes to electical side of things im not so good, im not sure what i need to marry up and what i need to run to get the car talk to the engine. I do however know about electronics, PCB's circuits etc so im not completely lost on whats going on.

What i need help on is the actual wiring side of things, what do i need to wire in to make the engine all work, does the emu ecu need to talk to the is200 ecu, or can i just scrap the is200 ecu and run everything through the emu. I also have the 1jz vvti ecu that originally came with the engine.

Thanks for any help, i know this is a long process and not just rushing in, i know everything else about engines and cars and this is the last for me to learn.

Cheers

2. hititup

hititup New Member

i will paying someone to do all the work. his fee is about $200us a say for 2 to 3 days. so i have have everything together But i have not get anything as yet. but when he start the work i will a here.