What Performance parts ?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by IFixCarsBruh97, Oct 13, 2015.

1. IFixCarsBruh97

IFixCarsBruh97 New Member

Need some advice please

Reached my life goal as a kid and am now the Owner of a Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T and am looking to rebuild the engine (RB25DET) that now has a good 130k on it :cool: Since owing the car I've just used it as a weekend mess around car (Few external mods) and always had the intention to rebuild it after I've put some miles on it, kinda seemed a waste rebuilding it at the below 100k miles I bought it with :)

Was wondering if any off you guys/gals could give me a list of aftermarket performance engine internals manufactures for the engine as I've been browsing the web and have found loads of different parts but want to know if there's more out there that could be better :D Also any aftermarket engine management systems that people have used would be much appreciated :) Lookin to run pretty high BHP as I want to use it as a track day car as am about to invest in another skyline aha.

This isn't my first rebuild, also a fully qualified auto tech with good experience so this should be a fun project :)

Any help would be much appreciated :)

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

The amount of miles its got is no reason to rebuild it.
    If its fucked, rebuild it, if its working, dont.

Stock internals RB25s can take decent power, have you got all the bits to make way beyond the power the stock internals can do?

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Yea don't rebuilt it until it actually needs it.

Keep running it and stick the money to one side, add a little every month so when it does go bang you'll have the cash to hand to sort it proper.

4. IFixCarsBruh97

Good point actually :) Might look into making the most of the stock internals till it really does need rebuilding. cheers for the tip mate ;)

5. IFixCarsBruh97

Like the reply above this is actually a good idea, never crossed my mind :) cheers man