Rb25 maf

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Jakertaylor, May 30, 2016.

1. Jakertaylor

Jakertaylor Member

So I was driving my s15 rb25 for the the first time to day since the conversation

Drove it from Portsmouth back to basingstoke then round basingstoke for a bit so about an hour and a half work of driving with no problems at all

The was driving to work witch is in hook so about another 20mins

On my way to work the car cut out
    It would start back up with a bit of gas but as soon as I took my foot of the gas it died so would not idle by its self

I unplugged the maf and started it and it started right up bit lumpy but that's to be expected with no maf

As soon as I plugged the maf back in it died

Need to get the car home to night from work could any one think y or what it could be or can help ??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Check intercooler joiners and BOV pipe joiners. RB25's hate air leaks, especially at idle, and they are the most common cause of these issues. Normally they just pop off so it's an easy fix, but if one has split then grab some duct tape and go nuts, then keep it out of boost for the drive home.

If not that, look at the intercooler for holes, then vacuum hose leaks, then clean connections on the idle control valve, TPS & CAS

3. Jakertaylor

Jakertaylor Member

Found what it was had a split on one of the silicon joins had some spare joins at home so got the misses to run me some down then just popped it on works lush again now

Thanks for your help tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk