Alloy Clamshell Clamps - UK Supplier?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Benzo, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Benzo

Benzo Member

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a uk supplier for this style of clam shell alloy clamps and various sizes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151939862349

Postage from the US on these small items just doesn't make sense due to the cost.

Thank

2. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

They're also called Wiggins clamps if that helps. Fucking expensive.

3. Benzo

Benzo Member

Is there anything else similar on the market? But better priced?

4. 59bhp

59bhp Member

The real ones are Wiggins / Hydraflow. They are for aerospace and military applications predominantly and perform as such.

the ones in the ebay add are knock offs, obx, Pegasus racing etc

if your not going to use the real deal I would probably just stick with jubilee / mikalor clamps as they will do as good a job, if not a bit better :)

5. Benzo

Benzo Member

Thank you, I'll maybe just run Mikalor clamps! I just wondered if these knock off ones where available this side of the water!

6. stevieturbo

stevieturbo Member

The big bulky Mikalor clamps most people use are shite. Totally wrong for the job on small pipes. They're better suited to exhausts or really heavy industrial hydraulic hoses

If you really have problems with pipes blowing off, then proper thin banded T-Bolt clamps are best. But with proper pipe prep and good quality clamps, unless you're running 40-50psi boost you really shouldnt be having problems.

The likes or Breeze constant torque clamps or Murray clamps are another option.

The biggest problem with a t-bolt style clamp...is it easily allows people to tighten them far too much often damaging the base hard pipe below causing even more problems and leaks.