R33 gtst catch can block pcv?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by lew200sx, Sep 27, 2016.

1. lew200sx

lew200sx New Member

Hi guys looking for some advice . Got a vented catch can. If I run both rockers to the can and vent to atmosphere is tht ok, and then Block and remove the pcv valve? Or do I block the pcv and t both rockers up and then to catch, and then from catch to Intake to turbo pipe?.. I want to do away with the pcv basically. But still vent correctly. Thanks

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

I just blocked the PCV port on the plenum and vented the PCV port on the cam cover to the catch can, and left the cam breathers running to the turbo intake port

Ultimate would be blocking the PCV ports (plenum and cam cover) and running both cam breathers and the turbo intake port to a vented & baffled catch can. The turbo intake to catch can line isn't hugely important, and some will say worth plugging, but a little vacuum tends to help these engines for some reason. Either way seems fine though.

3. lew200sx

lew200sx New Member

I have a vented catch can with to ports.. if I block pcv on the plenum and rocker and then t the rocker breathers to the vented can and then the 2nd port to the turbo intake.. my only thought with this tho is that it will draw through the catch can and surley that's in metred air?

4. lew200sx

lew200sx New Member

My other thought was to t the breathers vent to catch can then have a pipe from catch can down to under car

5. BenRice

IIRC there is a valve in the hose from the rocker to the turbo intake to stop this. You could fit this to the line that goes from the catch can to the turbo intake to ensure the turbo intake doesn't draw unmetered air from the catch can

However I'm pretty sure you will be fine blocking the port on the turbo intake and just running both rocker breathers to the two ports on the catch can. A lot of people run this without any issue, it's just the odd engine that tends to breather a little heavy that has issues

6. HCR_guy

HCR_guy New Member

Its been a while since I did this. can someone show some pictures? I am more of a picture type of guy.. lol.. will be following this...

7. lew200sx

lew200sx New Member

So its fine just to vent to atmosphere then yeah

8. BenRice

I can't see why not, as long as the vent to atmosphere has a filter on it

9. lew200sx

lew200sx New Member

Ideal. Thanks