Newbie whos caught the bug!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by AELLERKER85, Sep 18, 2014.

1. AELLERKER85

AELLERKER85 New Member

Hello There,
    Just to introduce myself and say hello.My name is Antony and im 29 and live in Deal,Kent.
    I had my first drifting experience yesterday at brands hatch with the LEARN 2 DRIFT boys,was an excellent day and really enjoyed myself and ive got the bug. Couldnt take the smile off my face,hence to say y ive joined this forum to get some newbie advice. Ive only had roughly about 30 min seat time but i now want more.Do i go down the route of getting my own drifter and start doing the DWYB if so what advice do u have for a complete novice with no mechanical knowledge or do i book a full day with the boys at L2D to continue my learning.What do u guys think?

Many Thanks

2. 00smartt

00smartt New Member

Hi,

Im in Sandwich (drive a blue low e46 328). Also learning and got the bug. I have a little limited knowledge about drifting and a little mechanical experience if you need a hand.

3. J4CK

J4CK Member

Get a E36, 325/328 do santa pod, lydden ETC,

E36 are simple to work on loads of bits, loads of bolt on mods that are easy to fit.

Jack

4. AELLERKER85

AELLERKER85 New Member

I was thinking about a bmw alot of people have said about them,do the gearboxs and clutchs hold up fairly well?Thank you for the offer it would be great to chat so i can get a better understanding of it all.Once ive got my own,would be interested in doing some track days with yourself to get some seat time and start really learning.

5. 00smartt

00smartt New Member

Like J4CK said most people prefer e36 due to easy of parts/mods and with hind sight id go with an e36. I cant speak for the e36 but iv had my e46 for 6 months with no hydro handbrake, just clutch kicks and its still in the same condition as when i bought it. Need to get myself on the track asap lol

6. AELLERKER85

AELLERKER85 New Member

Yeah i no what you mean,was having a look at lydden hill and its once a month so was thinking i mite have to go and have a look until ive got the money together to buy mine lol

7. J4CK

J4CK Member

im also in Kent if you need a hand.

E36 get a 325 or a 328, weld the diff and fit some ebay coilovers and replace upgrade parts as they break/wear out.

Iv had my 328 for a year, the gear box are bullet proof, cultchs are fine also.

Jack

8. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

I'm in whitstable. Qualified mechanic if you ever need a hand