New guy with a Skyline

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Joelz0rs, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Joelz0rs

Joelz0rs New Member

Hi everyone,

i'm sure you are all probably bored of these but i thought i'd introduce myself anyway. Recently joined the world of owning a Skyline after fantasising about owning one for many years.

I'm relatively new to the car scene even though most of my close friends have a great love for cars (im the only Jap owner within our group though but it's more about sharing that same love of tearing our hair out about because of our cars and getting too overly excited about them)...

Based in the south of the UK, I came across this R33 GTS-T import (thanks to my sister literally forcing the advertisement for it in front of my face) about a month ago. Whats funny is that i wasn't actively looking for one. Due to other reasons, this opportunity was one not to be missed, as i knew i would never be in a position again to do this...

A couple of emails later and after a spontaneous drive up to Birmingham the following day, I had agreed on coming back with a wad of cash...and heres why...

The car itself was (and still is) in pretty good condition for a '94. Six weeks before purchasing it had a complete respray, along with the wheels being refurbished to compliment the respray. On the outside, it was immaculate. Sceptical at the pristine condition of the outside, i braced myself to look underneath...The RB25DET engine came out of a '96 R33, only being imported back in September of last year with an acclaimed "35K " on the clocks.. I saw some supporting documentation but unfortunately there was nothing specific on the milage of the engine itself.. The other thing that made me excited about this particular one was that it was box standard...a few internal cosmetic changes, a couple of cans of gold paint sprayed around in places i would not have done and a knock off pod filter..Convinced i was expecting to see so much rust that i would get tetanus just by looking at, i brought a decent torch to have a nose in the arches, underneath etc.. I was pleasantly surprised. A few patches of surface rust but nothing that a bit of tender love and care could take care of..

A few other things that caught my attention, like a fuel hose with a smiley face in it but nothing that made me walk away empty handed.

So the fun stuff..

Heres a couple of photos from when i first purchased it... (unfortunately my sister wasn't eligible for part exchange)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Cheers,
    Joel

2. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

What diff does it have? I see you're after a DWYB ticket...

Ian. :)

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

That's far from standard under the bonnet, if those pics are what you took just after buying it.

4. Joelz0rs

Joelz0rs New Member

Just got the standard diff welded and yeah... know of any :D

#4 Joelz0rs, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  5. Joelz0rs

Joelz0rs New Member

Oops, somehow i managed to link a newer picture post me playing with it..

6. Tommoore99

Tommoore99 Member

Nice car man, I see your in the south.
    I'm from southampton and a few of us are starting to travel to all sorts of drift days

7. Joelz0rs

Joelz0rs New Member

Cheers man. Yeah. got a few friends at Southampton funnily enough.

im definitely up for anything so let me know. Im going to the drift masuri event at the end of Oct...
    Trying to see if ive got the funds to do Oulton park on the 10th too.

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Welcome to driftworks.

get rid of that wing.

9. ianlea73

ianlea73 Well-Known Member

100% agree.
    Also looks like you either have a low lip spoiler or a carbon painted boot as seems to sit higher where the original spoiler should sit.
    Got a pic of boot lid please?

10. Joelz0rs

Joelz0rs New Member

yeah you're probably right.. it doesnt sit 100% flush with the rest of the body. some kind of frp customisation maybe..

heres the best i can find at the moment. Will endeavour to get better ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. loftyborofan

loftyborofan New Member

love this car.