Drift Wings

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by amd241997, Sep 1, 2015.

1. amd241997

amd241997 New Member

I'm relatively new to the sport of drifting and have a question I'm hoping I can get answered. I drive a '06 Subaru WRX STi. Recently I have been looking at pics of drifting wings and have a question that needs to be answered. I have noticed that most wings look like they have custom mounts/brackets and want to know how I would go about getting one, like if they are custom mounts and where I can buy one/get one made. I will attach a pic of the wing with the mounts for further info on what I mean. Also, I know I will probably get a lot of heat for this, but I want to make my car into a drifting machine by converting the AWD to RWD. Is there any way I can do this that won't ruin my car? And if so, how will I go about doing it? Thanks:D[​IMG]

2. Sean-B

Sean-B New Member

Those are both off the shelf BCL (bigcountrylabs) wings

3. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

There's been a few people convert their Subaru Impreza/WRX to rear wheel drive by means of locking the centre diff, stripping the front driveshafts down (but there was something about leaving some parts in to stop bearings collapsing etc).

Half a story, I know - sorry, but at least gets you looking :)

Team Japspeed went "full retard" and ripped out the original engine and running gear and replaced it with a 1JZ.
    [​IMG]

There's also the Team Orange WRX in its various guises.
    [​IMG]

But leaves you to surmise how much you'll "ruin" your WRX :p