Second car advice

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Ibunamnesia, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Ibunamnesia

Ibunamnesia New Member

Right guys need some suggestions for a second car and the best place to go for insurance, I turned 21 a few weeks ago and was given a budget of £7k to go out into the wide world and find a car. So here's the things you need to know ive been driving a 1.5 diesel clio for the past 2 years and with the way I love driving a slow fwd hatch back that under steers at the sight of a wet paper towel isn't cutting it with me, it also doesn't help that I've had a healthy interest in drifting ever since a near death experience in a friends 5 series so I need your guys advice in something I can pick up for <£7k and pay <£k1.5 insurance on which I'm going to be able to learn to drift in and progress/modify until the end of time whilst looking damn good at the same time (so although I apreciate the ability of an old welded up Volvo saloon its not really my kinda thing)

Cheers in advance. T

2. Ibunamnesia

Ibunamnesia New Member

Also if anyone's got anything for sale or knows anyone who has send them my always happy to have a gander :) T

3. depablo96

depablo96 Member

Get an IS200 if you want a Daily/Driftcar just abit thirsty on fuel and need to hit corners fast but thats life ayy ;) also scrap the clio ;)

4. silverzx

silverzx Member

You're better off having a slow/diesel/FWD sh1t daily (if doing lots of miles) and a win drift car for weekends.

Your gonna be f--ked if you crash your "cool drifter daily" and can't get to work because of it.

OR you be a man and drive your drifter as your daily and if you crash it, ride bike to work, get a bus, lift, fix it asap.

If I were you, keep the clio as a daily, spend £1k on a drift ready BMW, learn to drift, get seat time, crash that instead of a nice car etc.

Sell it on in 12 months time, spend the rest on a nice drift car (whatever takes your fancy) once you have experience.