Introduce yourself here :)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PhilMorrison, Jul 27, 2004.

1. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Hi all, Due to the overwhelming response to the Driftworks forums being opened, there appears to be a large DB (DriftaBase ;)) growing, so hows about we all introduce ourselfs :)

Phil Morrison, Co Founder of Driftworks, member of TNS, been drifting for nearly 3 years, and it's become something of an obsession :D. I recently competed against the Japanese drivers in the first UK D1GP exhibition match.

Drive: Driftworks D1 S14a 370bhp@the hubs..

#1 PhilMorrison, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Ohh cheesy threand :D

Lee Pendlebury, member of TNS, been trying to drift for 2 years but the car breaks just before every event...

This year, I am to make it through the first round of D1 amature contest. Doesnt look likely :(

Drives:
    1993 RX7 FD3S Montego Blue 280@hubs and some other bits and bobs...
    1995 S14 run around

• Like Like x 1
  3. missy

missy Driftscene Tog

Victoria king (missy)
    sxoc newsletter editor and currently don't drive, but we are buying a second car so that i can learn and my other half (jackadoodledo) can drift his 14a.

4. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Chris "Paz" Parry, Co-Founder of Driftworks, Co-Founder of TNS. Been drifting for 2.5 years and im crap, but ive been obsessed with drifting for over 5 years now. :eek: This year, i simply want to drift as much as possible.

Drives: 1986 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex, 1hp @ the fly, Tein and TRD Suspension, Safety 21 Cage, Bride Seat, SSR and RS-Watanabe Rims etc

5. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Mitch Clarke, member of no teams as I'm still a bit shit:D. Been drifting since March after getting hooked watching the final D1 round last year. Not good, but loving it.

Aim is to make it to a second run in the D1 competition, instead of getting knocked out after 1 post lunchtime run :rolleyes:

Drives: Ex Mittomatto/Brett/Paul Smith S13. 90 White. stripped, Apex Zorst, Blitz SUS, Dawes device, NDChip, Leda Coilovers, Whiteline ARBs, Cusco Brace, Powerflex subby bushes, Exedy clutch, S14 LSD, 5 Stud hubs, S14 wheels, Sparco bucket, Sabelt 4 point, Momo wheel, Blitz boost Gauge, GReddy Pod, lots of dents, lots of stickers
    Awaiting Fitting: OBX Quickshift, Tein Tie rods and ends, homebrewed carbon bonnet.

6. Morf

Morf Active Member

I'm Andrew aka Morf :wave:
    Drive a 200sx s13, been loving drifting from Japan for years, getting the s13 and attending this years UKD1/Wheels have spured me on to get out there and do it so I will be once funds allow (I'm a legal tax dodger ;))
    Can be seen hanging round here the sxoc :thumbs:

oh and it is my birthday on thursday so I am expecting expensive gifts :D

#6 Morf, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tom

Tom dangerous brotherhood

:wave:

Im Tom, got my s14 a couple of weeks ago to use a base for my university project car. Im a tax dodger like Morf studying motorsport engineering. Working at Abbey Motorsport at the moment thou as im on summer holibobs. Been into drifting for a while now and finally pulled my finger out to get involved.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

mittomatto aka mat steele

drifting for roughly 2.5 years, member of TNS, co-founder of dori car, founder of metal hearts. obsessed with drifting for around 5-6 years like paz. want to be a professional drifter more than anything in the world and one day i will be :nod:

my main goal this year is to go faster, stay commited and learn eachtime i drive. i would like to become more consistent and also get more practice at silverstone. more practice on any track is good! i have a habit of changing cars a lot...

drives- 1995 S14 which is tweaked a little... :wave:

(i would also like to learn to spell so i dont have to keep editing my posts :D )

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carl

Carl Member

Carl Lennon.

Ive been drifitng my white 93 S13 since feb and drifted my MR2 turbo before that since last August. I have been to 8 or 9 practice days and hope to get to as many a I can.
    I aim to compete in all rounds of UKd1 in 2005 after I have done some basic upgrades to my standard s13.
    I would love to join a team aswell and eventually get into twin drifting cuz thats just class :D

For the rest of this year I just hope to get to as many practice days as I can and improve as much as I can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lofty

Lofty Member

Hello, names Lofty. Think I know a few of you here already.
    Well my 33 GTR has is gone as of this week (need the bucks) and I'm buying an S13 (again) just for the fun of it and trying to get more into the drift scene and get to some of the practices. Will want to quite heavily modify as soon as I get it so may need some help and tips. (Stripping the car out straight away of course.)
    Hopefully once I get some good practice in will be entering some competitions with you. (And kicking all your asses! hmmm)

• Like Like x 1
  11. junior

Howdy,

I'm Junior - I've been running www.cruiseirl.com for a few years now, been invovled with drifting in Ireland since day one [I remember Matt and James at the first event at Rosegreen] in some way shape or form. I've only recently moved from a 106 GTi to an E36 325 Sport which I'm learning the basics of drifting with. Local Cross roads are getting blackened and slip roads onto the main road are being used to drift upon.

Birmingham was my first UK Event - I hope to be back over soon to compete, I'm going to see if I have any talent in the BM and sure I might purchase something useful then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. yeager

yeager Guest

I'm Simon Thorpe, second half of team d:mon which was formed a few months ago. Been into drifting just after I got my S13, about 3 years ago but have been into rallying much longer and was only a natural progression.

Drive a dark blue 200SX (S13) which is slowly getting tired, money soon to be spent on the old dear.

team d:mon's goal for the next few years is to be able to drift as often as possible for as little cost as possible (from our own pockets that is) with as much fun as possible...

• Like Like x 1
  13. shaiz

shaiz Active Member

Names Shaiz Khan, been driffting since I bought my S13 about 10 months ago, although the cars been on the road for about half of that.
    Spec: '93 S13, Walbro fuel pump, K&N 57i induction kit, custom stainless exhaust with decat and d.p. motorsport 5.5" tail, Tein coilovers, Tein tie rods, Cusco front and rear progressive strut braces, Tomei 2-way diff, vented head lamp cover, 17"s, Blitz oil pressure guage, fubared clutch

• Like Like x 1
  14. Euge

Euge Loves Boobies

Im Euge, aka Richie, Just getting into drifting but been following it for a little while now. Im usually spotted at JAE with me best mate 86Jay (turbo AE86 bandit). best known for throwing a kebab up a window in the back of the TNS fun bus 2003 (I thought it was open and i had too many stellas!). Gots me an FC3S thats currently being built

#14 Euge, Jul 27, 2004
    Last edited: May 3, 2005
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Morf

Morf Active Member

bah! :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

I'm Paul McCaskie, i've been interested in drifting for a few year now, but only started myself and haven't been to many practice sessions due to funds. My aim is just to enjoy learning and get to the point where i can consider myself a drifter. Oh and i'd like to beat MitchC in a D1 round so i can wind him up. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. 86jay

86jay -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Hi

My name James Walker aka Jay, Ive been wanting to drift for about 4 years but I had a Pulsar at the time which sucked. I ve been knocking about with the TNS boys for nearly 2 years since I got my AE86 finaly got it back on the road last week.

Let the drifting begin

Jay

• Like Like x 1
  18. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

:wave: I'm James Robinson from Birmingham (not to be confused with AE86 driving Jane Wistlehieney also of TNS)
    Co-founder of Driftworks and member of TNS. Been into drifting for a couple of years now, started driving myself about 18 months ago and am steadily improving, but still wish I could get a load more practice in.....
    Currently driving the nissan 200sx S14 drift car pictured below and loving it :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Glen

Glen Active Member

Glen Horncastle, never drifted (intentionally), want to have a go, will do eventually :wave: :thumbs: .

Glen

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Allo allo, I'm Ben Broke-Smith (rar rar rar double barreled name rar rar old boy). Been drifting since April or May ish, determined to win the Clubman round with my barge and then I'll just flop in Pro. I suppose my main goal is to get respect even though I'm using shitty machinery and to shake off the joker image as much as possible. Would like to be a pro drifter one day and I don't think it's so far fetched.

BMW 1987 525i, 150bhp/159lbsft stock, less now I imagine. Sparco front strut brace, E34 540i alloy front lower arms, JR cone filter, welded diff, 17x8.5 AEZ alloys with 225/45/17 P6000s. Springs and shocks 17 year old originals and totally assraped at Silverstone, car is now scary to drive full on. Future plans (if I can find the money down the back of the sofa) are later spec 3.4 litre engine from a 535i, Spax adjustable shocks and uprated springs, poly control arm bushes, poly filled rear subframe bushes & diff mount, adjustable ARBs, adjustable front top mounts, E34 brakes.

• Like Like x 2