e36 323/325 options?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by ElmoE36, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ElmoE36

ElmoE36 Member

I'm on the verge of buying an e36 323 convertible for 300monies. As it stands, it doesnt run (suspected immobiliser fault) and its an auto (I want a manual).

However in the garage, I have a 2.5 m50, manual gearbox, exhaust and propshaft.

Unsure as to what the best course of action is though, do I:
    A) swap the whole lot over engine, box, ecu etc?
    B) get the 323 motor running and just swap the gearbox. and potentially rob some parts from the m50 (exhaust, manifold) to get the 323 some more powers?

2. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

I would put the m50 into it as they are ment to be stronger. Are you gonna drift it? If so you def want a cage.

Im not sure what its like to convert auto to manual. The only pain in the arse thing would prob be the peddles.

3. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

If you're going to convert to manual you will need to change the pedals, install the slave cylinder and run the pipe work for the hydraulics to the manual box.
    You will need to change all the gearlinkage aswell.

If it was me, I'd fuck the M52 off, convert to manual and install the M50.

Would be a lot easier to convert to manual while the engine is out too.

4. deevolution

deevolution Member

Dont bother buying an auto convertable.Its too much work to swap it all over. Go and buy a manual 4door or coupe for the same £300. There are loads out there.

5. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Obviously this is the easiest option, especially if you already have the engine conversion.

6. ElmoE36

ElmoE36 Member

Cheers fellas, only really considering it cos it is a convertible that im after, plus the mate I'm buying it from wants it off the drive!
    Pedals/gear linkage etc. all seem cheap enough, so thought It'd be worth a go