Can remove your tax disc as of tonight.

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by superclarkey, Sep 30, 2014.

1. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

so looks like we don't have to display tax on are cars from tonight, does this mean I don't have to display my trade plates anymore ? lol

Just need to stop charging us tax and I'll be happy.

I'll miss the fact I have something to show for my hard earned money and I can no longer judge people on if they could afford 12 months tax or not haha

2. jeta11

jeta11 Member

Front what I have been told any car that's already taxed you must continue to display the tax disc but anthing taxed from tomorrow you won't be given a disc to display

3. superclarkey

Says on website you don't have to display, they can't two rules, simple says from tomorrow your no longer required to display a tax disc and you can distroy your current one.

4. edtheduck

edtheduck Member

can go in the bin in the morning

5. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

im putting in a 5 yr old tax disc from another car to really fuck with people

6. tion

tion Member

haha best idea ever, with be the next trend to do

7. fast_gtst

fast_gtst Member

you been told wrong. from tomorrow you can throw away your existing tax disc if you have months left on it

8. superclarkey

There is a tax disc holder company in the uk that is going out of business tomorrow.. maybe lol

9. stevros

stevros Member

Lol wasnt it richbrook or something that used to do the anodised bolt together tax disc holders!?! Bet their screwin at the new change! Well at least its easier to polish the inside of the screen now, no obvious marks where ive gone around the bloody disc holder!

10. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

Keeping my now out of date tax disc in for posterity. Does make it a bit of a surprise if you forget when you taxed it though. Can't just look at your windscreen and think "this month I need an extra £120 ish"

11. heard531

heard531 Hamilton Property

What is with the buying and selling situation?

If all tax is automatically refunded upon sale is the car taxed to drive home?

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

Nope. As far as im aware, you need to tax it yourself before you do so.

I paid for my tax this morning and was given the option of 6 months or 12. The radio said this morning that there was an option to pay monthly though? Guess thats to come.

#12 mint, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  13. heard531

heard531 Hamilton Property

That is arse :(

14. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

glad to see the cunts at the dvla have done such a good job of explaining to everyone how the new system works. Were all car enthusiasts and havnt got a clue, average driver doesnt stand a chance

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Well the system's down and fucked at the moment too. DVLA have fucked right up.

16. mint

mint touch my fruit

It was down last night aswell as I was trying to tax the JZX and it wouldnt do shit. Tried again at 7am and it worked ok.

17. Loopy_drifter

Loopy_drifter Member

There will be a period of 'grace' as there was before when you buy a car with no tax, as the new owner cannot tax the car online until dvla have received the documents with the change of ownership, yes you can tax it at a post office with the 'green slip' but if there shut due to holiday's/weekends or out of working hours, then you can't..

18. Jites

Jites Active Member

so they have managed to fuck shit up for themselves and everyone else?

I mean, the way that a car was taxed was fine. you pay for tax, car is taxed regardless who owns it was nothing wrong with that. why change?

I like the redundancy of the paper disk but why did they need to change everything else

19. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

I'll tell you the Dvla are going to be racking in the money on cars taxed twice.

From my understanding you only get refunds on full months with tax. So if you have just paid for a month and you sell it a week later you get fuck all back, they cancel it and the new owner has to pay for the tax from the start Of that month. Cars been taxed twice !

Or I'm wrong ?!?!?

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

No i think your right..

If everyone, I mean literally everyone.. Just stopped paying this fucking tax, what then? Would the DVLA/Police then impound every car on the road? Would they then try and fine EVERYONE?

Fuck em. Lets mix it up, lets boycot this ;) We already know this money doesnt directly go towards any road repairs, no one is happy to pay it, so why dont we all just say no?

*edit - Dammit, i already paid :p hahaha