Someone cut my ABS/Wheel sensor wires on my van? Wtf?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by superclarkey, Dec 18, 2014.

1. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Anyone heard of this shit before, why would someone cut all your ABS wires on a van? Is this the new aged slashing of tires?

They had cut out 2 or so inches of wire as so they couldn't be reconnected, only noticed when abs lights appeared to be on so went looking for the problem.

Just wondering if anyone had experienced this shit or did someone do it for a reason, I don't have any enemies as far as I'm aware.... Eek, was more worried if this is a way of stealing them or some shit like that.

Ford Transit 2009 2.4 rwd

I'm confused.

2. Marcar

Marcar Well Spoken Man
    Staff Member

Um... yeah that's a new one on me. Can't work out any logic at all to that one.

3. Jites

Jites Active Member

that's cunt behaviour. next its the spark plug in petrol tank... that's mafia shit dude. I take it no CCTV or anything?

4. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

PG era, where the knowledge of cars today is that without ABS you are going to crash hahaha. This is a perfect opportunity for you to bin the ABS pump and make some new lines. Bleeding will be piss easy and stoping would improve.

5. superclarkey

Just confused why someone attack the abs lines other then causing me a large cost, I can still drive the van however I shouldn't because the braking system is now faulty.

Just wondering if this going on was heard of before.

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

What a retarded thing to do? Can only presume they thought they were cutting the actual brake lines, but are retards?

7. superclarkey

I would've said thatHowever putting 2 inches of the lineoutshows that they were sabotaging the van so that , It couldn't be repaired.

Basically the van was taken by my friend to his mates garage to do the clutch on the van for me, while there someone that had access to my key removed the fuel car and stole three quarters of a tank of diesel, so around about £60 worth of diesel, and then cut my ABS lines, So I'm worried that they may have put something in my fuel tank to destroy the diesel system, so today I had to remove the fuel tank and clean it thoroughly, I will fill the tank back to the top and hope there is no damage caused.

I know that I haven't upset anybody, but who's to say they didn't think that the van belonged to my friend and they've attacked it on that basis, either way I'm a bit unsure what I can go and do about it.

I feel once I have all my facts straight I will be going to the police.

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

Id be going to that garage and asking them WTF they are playing at.

9. F51

F51 Member

So the garage stole your fuel and someone there cut your abs wires? Surely you should just go directly to the garage and tell them you want the money for the fuel and new sensors bought for you plus money for the fitting! Id report it to the police too but expect them to do slim to fuck all, instead you may have to go via courts or very large fighty friends route if the first two don't get satisfactory results.

10. superclarkey

Ok I worked this out and lucky I didn't go mental at the garage before researching it, I watchrdy
    Own cameras back over 7 days and no one went near the van, only thing that did was foxes....

I only went looking for this after I replaced the abs and filled the tank back up and realised the gauge didn't move to full... On further inspection I can see they have chewed the main loom to tank and abs cables..

So that's sorted, just need to stop them from doing it again.

11. owengd97b

owengd97b Member

What a bizarre answer to a bizarre problem haha

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

Ah foxes, why didnt I think of that :D haha, Thats random. Attach a small dog to the front like a parking aid to deter wild fox attacks.

13. docwra

docwra Active Member

Obviously foxes.

14. F51

F51 Member

WOW really? thats crazy!!!

15. Tony N

Tony N Member

Ford used to have a problem in the US with pine martens eating through wiring looms so it was actually added to engineering specifications to protect against it lol

16. B3AM3R

B3AM3R Member

...even for foxes. :)

I got a spray called "MarderHex". It's kind of a Pepperspray in some kind of wax. It won't go away like pepperspay because of the wax. It lasts about 6 month. Even the neighbors cat leaves my car alone. that b*tch was always on my bonnet and underneath the car.
    Search for some Spray like that, it works great. Otherwise order it from Germany (not sure if they'll deliver to GB, ask me if they don't)

These beeper things are awful. A good mate has one of these in his garage. it works but I can hear it all the time. it's like having a bad tinnitus.

17. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

Common problem on transits ...