Car transportation within the uk

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by F51, Dec 20, 2014.

1. F51

F51 Member

Anyone know of a cheap company for transporting a car? Every car I see that I like and is in my price range is either in Scotland or Ireland! It seems I would end up with a better car by looking further out and just having it transported home. You may wonder why i don't just drive it home? Well for instance I looked at a TVR and that would work out at around £500 in train tickets, fuel ect to get it back let alone the time required to travel up and drive back, I once had a supra brought over from Ireland for around £200 it just makes sense to find a company to collect and deliver for me, I just cant remember who I used before.

2. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

your not gonna get anything back from Ireland for 200 quid, no chance in a million years. The fuel alone would be near enough that.
    Shiply are decent, I had 2 cars brought at the same time from Sheffield to Glasgow for 358 quid.

3. F51

F51 Member

I did before, that was about 3 years ago, it cam back on a transporter with 7 other cars. That doesn't seem too bad a price though what is their website? even if it doesn't save money it at least saves me time

4. rock_on

rock_on Member

Shiply or anyvan,

my first quote for having a car collected 245 miles away was £345,
    the day before I wanted it doing someone jumped in with a £180 bid, I took it,

5. F51

F51 Member

nice! what company was the £180 bid?

6. rock_on

rock_on Member

One that I forgot about lol, uship

Get the job advertised as soon as poss if there is no rush getting it home you can state flexible drop off that makes it easier for them to take a job on that's near to the car or a job that's near to you for a return trip.

7. rock_on

rock_on Member

.how it arrived

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The collection..

[​IMG]

8. fudi

fudi More Doors 4 whores

K10RFT On here

9. rock_on

rock_on Member

Are you looking for an old car you had.??

10. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

no, he is saying that user transports cars.

11. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I had one from NI this week, cost me £250.

12. rock_on

rock_on Member

My bad.lol.newbie error..

13. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

yeah but your in Derby, not southampton.

14. F51

F51 Member

before i was in east London, i've found some cheapish companies so i can look at cars further out now

15. bell

bell Without patience

Every one man company i know to charge a pound loaded mileage and £20 on top fee? We use a variety of haulers as most of the cars we have in work are far a field and require someone reliable to get them to us.
    Craig from black country recovery is our main port of call 07779404008.

16. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

just be wary that some of the people who undercut everyone on those bid sites may not be actual transport company's.
    by that I mean anyone can go buy a recovery truck and insure it for private use and start moving cars around for cash, what they wont have is goods in transit or liability insurance etc..

I bet most will be though and its just someone looking for a load for the return journey.

if its somewhere far away just go up with a mate or two and make a weekend of it and go out on the lash or something.

17. M3 Tim

M3 Tim Member

I have a transport company and my insurances altogether are 5.6k a year I'm covered upto a 100k per vehicle.
    So many Cowboys out there.

[​IMG]

I was going to start s thread as my trucks are all over the uk just this week, Colchester, Scotland x3 and London.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My trucks are on airbags which make lowered cars much easier to load,

[​IMG]

18. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

If your looking anything from ireland to the uk you should try parker transport look them up on face book I've had a few cars delivered by them their a very professional outfit an very easy paid too

19. lozzy

lozzy Member

Be wary though using sites like uship any van and shiply any john dick and Harry can sign up there is no insurance checks there is a lot more to just insuring the truck and moving the car

Like tim says way to many cow boys out there I like to know when I'm transporting a customers car it's coverd

You may get a bargin london to endinborough fo £50 but what happens if they damage your new pride and joy ?

20. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

When Danny Isbell is busy I use shiply. No problems. Move probably 10 vehicles a year without problem.