What's the price to pay for a r32 gtst

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by rockers, May 21, 2015.

1. rockers

rockers Member

Hello all, well now I have some money together and have been thinking what car I want to get.

i think I have came to a decision - a r32 gtst of sort

i have been looking on eBay on here etc and they seem to vary so much in price, I have contacted a company who can find one and import from Japan for not silly money, but then I don't know what they are worth
    UK price wise
    what should I expect to pay for one with little to no rust and maybe some trick bits - coilovers nice wheels etc

just want to make sure I'm not going to pay too much this will be the most I've spent on a car so I plan on keeping it for a while feeding it money :/

any input would be awesome thanks

2. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Between 400k and 1,000,000 yen will get you something decent , but the more you pay the better they get spec wise usually.

600k yen would be a decent budget.

3. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

UK wise around 4k seems average to get you a decent example.

4. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

I'm after an R32 GTST type M - Some companies I've contacted have said 4.5k will get me a good one imported, others have said 6k minimum. Guess if they're after a big profit or not really. Who have you contacted?

I've got a budget of 5k including importing & taxes etc.

5. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

Look at OPJP on Facebook, they charge a £500 fee for their work on top of any prices you incur importing. Very open and honest as a company. South coast based

6. LOKISY

LOKISY Member

If that's the price imported id definitely go for that over buying uk.

7. rockers

rockers Member

Yeh OPJP. I have contacted them and told them I'm looking to spend 4.5k max after a non rusty r32 with as many trick bits as I can get for my money :p

Some of the UK ones I've seen sure 4.5k had a fair amount of rust, having owned a e36 with arches more rust than paint I fancy something that has a few more years of non rusty life in it,

The type m isn't that the 4wd r32 with the rb20det ? A certain rareness to it ?

Cheers for the comments

8. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

Type M has the same brakes as a GTR, nicer spoiler, skirts & bumper I think than a stock GTST.

GTS 4 is the 4WD version of the type M. So GTST type M is still rear driven only.

I'm going to use OPJP when I've finally got the last bit of my money together. Super helpful and very patient when I've been bugging them most days.

9. rockers

rockers Member

Yeh I bugged them a couple months ago when I got the bug to get something

Have paid up a deposit so now it's just waiting for right one to pop up,

10. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

I've not paid the deposit yet, was it easy enough to give them proof of funds? are you getting the 3rd party inspection before shipping? And finally - are you getting it MOT'ed by them?

Let me know how you get on with it all, I need to wait until next months pay day!

11. rockers

rockers Member

You can PayPal or banktrasfer they said they got it tho so all good,
    Going to get them todo it all so it's ready on the road, I am tempted by the inspection for peace of mind,
    When I find somthing it will be at six weeks before its here ready so will post up on here when I get somthing,

Best thing to do if your unsure of anything is ask them, very helpful so far

12. C35Rob

C35Rob Member

it depends what you'd class as a nice example.. if someone says they can import one and have it on the road for you for £4500, and make themselves a modest profit you're getting a fucked R grade scrapper, no two ways about it.

a nice GTSt will be about 600,000 FOB, which works out around 6k on the road over here.

and there's ALWAYS the risk that those "nice bits" i.e coilovers etc may have been on the car for years and years in Japan and will be shagged anyway.

13. rockers

rockers Member

A grade R scrapper ? A grade R could be just cosmetic damage ?

Will need to ask them what then as they said 4.5k will get a nice one with some trick bits :/

14. C35Rob

C35Rob Member

come on.. let's break this down logically..

£4500, minus their £500 is 4K so if you pay 325k jpy FOB (£1700) shipping is going to be another £1000, duty £270, vat £600, mot £50 - assuming it goes straight through (ask ANYONE who has imported a car of that age, it's bound to need some work, even tyres at least), registration fee & tax £185, unloading fee and customs clearance ~ £150 depending on port, a set of plates is what? £20

so there's easily your £4500 budget gone..

then look on

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/php/search/summary.php etc, and show me the mint r32's for £1700.....

15. rockers

rockers Member

I never said mint, I said nice.

I'm not arguing it its just what I've been told I can get

16. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

At the moment , you can get a lot for your money.