Leatherdoc.co.uk Southend. AVOID!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Horton, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Horton

Horton Member

So recently I purchased a vader interior that was in pretty good condition but a little tired. I googled leather restoration and repairs in essex and leatherdoc.co.uk came up. There work looked pretty good so I gave them a call.

i explained that I had a bit of a tired vader interior and that Id like the whole thing going over. I text him pics of the interior and he said its all good he can come to my work and do it for £400 cash. I agreed and we agreed a time for him to come do it.

John and rob? Arrived on a mega busy day at my work. I already had everything set up that they asked for so I just left them to it. A few hours later John phoned me to say it's done. I came down to look at it but had just had a bit of a distaster at work so couldn't spend much time with them. On first impressions it looked ok'ish. I immediately noticed the door cards weren't re coloured and pointed that out. John said we hadn't agreed door cards in the price. I said that they are part of the interior!? But as I hadn't specificaly said I wanted the door cards done I kind of shrugged it off as a miss understanding. I had a quick look around and it looked ok. There was 1 split in the drivers seat that they had repaired pretty badly. I pointed this out and they said it was the best they could do. I was over it at this oint and just needed to get back to work so I paid them and off they went.

A a few hours later when work had quieted down my boss went and looked at it. He came up afterwards and said "have you seen all the overspray" I laughed thinking he was joking but he said "you better come look at this". After I moved the seats and things this is what I found.....

[​IMG]

i text all the pics to John and said I'm not at all happy with it. He text me back saying he's really sorry and that the over spray should was off with soapy water as its only sealed onto the seats. I tried and it didn't come off. Especially the carpets. I told him this and He said that they could come back and sort it but not for a few weeks. I asked if he could do the door cards and re colour the M stripes as they had over spray all over them. He then said no he won't appologise for that as it wasn't agreed in the price. I said I'm pretty sure that the door cars and M stripes on the seats are Infact part of the interior, that Im not happy at all and Id like a refund. He then replied with let us come get rid of the overspray and we'll go from there. By this point I'm fully over it. I said I don't want him touching the car again, I'd sort it myself but Id at least like a partial refund for the trouble. He then didn't reply....

that night Rob? His buisness partner phoned me. He said he's seen the pics, he can't believe how bad it is and that he's sorry. I said it is what it is but I'm obviously very unhappy with it and that Id like a partial refund. He said they would come sort the overspray and he'd recolour the M stripes. I then said what about the door cards and he said he'll have to talk to John as John told him to not do the door cards. So I said don't bother, I'm obviously not getting any money back and I'll pay someone else to do it. He said he's really sorry and he'll get John to call me about getting some money back.

Soooooo yeah that's that. I've heard nothing and John isn't replying.

If if your thinking of getting your interior re done by these jokers please don't make the same mistake I made.

aaannnnyyyyyway

ive since re dyed all the black and painted over the overspray on the plastics. Nothing I tried would get the overspray off without just smudging it all around.

I re coloured the M stripes and just did the finished touches earlier today.

It's eneded up costing a absolute fortune but I'm pretty happy with it now.

[​IMG]

before and after

[​IMG]

.....LONG STORY SHORT AVOID LEATHERDOC.CO.UK

2. angiektolliver

angiektolliver New Member

Wow!!! You are a better man than i am brother. I would have literally kicked there ass, im really sorry about the headache but it looks much better now.

3. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Probably telling this to the wrong people. The amount of people I know that actually drift and would spend £400 to have some leather seats spray painted is exactly zero. Could of bought a whole car for that!

4. docwra

docwra Active Member

More relevant than the £5K Corsa thats just been put in ebay section though ;)

5. Horton

Horton Member

Ha yeah I know but this is the only forum I really use and I wanted to vent. Hopefully this thread will come up next time someone who wants their interior done by them, googles them and they will know to avoid.

6. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

why not tell trading standards and take them to the small claims court?

do they really just spray paint the seats? im in the wrong game £400 a day for a bit of painting.

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

That interior colour.. is awful >_>

8. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

It's Essex man, you've gotta co-ordinate.

Probably wanted to match the interior to his birds face.