Parcelforce incompetence

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by RichGR32, Aug 29, 2015.

1. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

2. Captain

Captain Member

That's not surprising to be honest, parcelforce deliver our next day stuff at work and constantly are they missing parcels or we get them and there completely fucked.

3. BreadBin

BreadBin Rough Tonguer

They're not known as Parcelfarce for nothing.

4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I'm not sure who in their right mind would send something like that via Parcelforce.

Fuck, is something was fragile and that expensive I'd just go fucking collect it.

5. RichGR32

RichGR32 Member

He would of collected it but it would have been a 1000mile round trip and would have had to hire a vehicle

6. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

i dont get why anyone would want to send carbon via any courier company,

and a 1k mile round trip? was it up john ogroats or something stupid? shoulda collected it yourself

7. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

Problem is that the seller sent a car part through a courier that lists car parts as a prohibited item, hence the insurance is totally irrelevant.
    I can understand you're pissed to receive something that's damaged that you've paid a lot for but the fault here surely lies with whoever booked that courier and didn't read the prohibited item list.

I'd be taking it up with the seller if he was the one to book the courier. If it was you, then it's your own fault, suck it up.

You might be able to repair it, and scuffs/scratches polish out fairly easily it's just lacquer

8. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If you import something from abroad doesn't it pass through parcel force anyway??

9. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

nope.

ive had stuff come through parcelforce before and ive had stuff come through with other companies that doesnt go through them.

10. r3k1355

I've had Fedex and UPS when it's come from the States I assume TNT are the same, but if it's come thru a foreign post office I think it go's to our post office and the Parcel Force goons.

11. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

i had a few sizeable engine parts turn up last week via fedex and there wasnt any sign of parcelforce being involved. seems strange if they brought it through parcel force.

12. Boxertricks

Boxertricks Member

It depends on which company they've used to send it.

Fedex have a network over here so will do both journey's obviously but some company's are only continental there or national over here so other company's will deliver the package Parcelforce, DHL(Germany) and PO(USPS usually) deliver them for overseas company's.

End of the day if you're sending a prohibited item then you know you're taking a risk if it goes wrong, but forgetting what the contents was they should have still delivered it safely, that's their fucking job and what they've been paid to do, you've paid for a service and it hasn't been fulfilled.

I had something damaged the other week and for them to break it they must have been lobbing it from height, which pisses me off tbh, knowing that they couldn't give 2 shits (would I?) and I've got to pay for it my end.

You haven't got a leg to stand on though.

13. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

No.

Totally depends on the original carrier.

It's why I do my best to convince American cunts to never send by USPS, as the UK end it's Parcelforce, and they're bellends.

14. Cades

Cades Member

Same if it comes from japan postal,goes right to the thieving bastards at parcelforce. When i buy from japan i pay some extra for DHL cause they get it to you infinitely quicker.

15. PurcyP

PurcyP Member

Few importing tips from me in regards to carriers.

If it is shipped via EMS then fully expect royal mail or parcelforce to be the carriers once it hits UK depending on size of the parcel.
    royal mail and parcel force are in bed together, well same company to be honest.

That being said, i had A EMS Parcel that was untrackable ..come via yodel, that was a package from the netherlands, i was rather confused at that.

DHL, TNT, UPS are all a lot better, USPS however, again goes back to royal mail and parcel force.

So if you can or you're not in hurry for something, avoid EMS/USPS

16. r3k1355

Isn't it the same if it's sent via any foreign post office tho, end up in the hands of bellends?
    Only way to get round it is specify someone like FedEx if they operate in that area.

17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Oddly, no. Had small letter style things from Asia that arrived thru, I dunno who, but deffo not Parcelforce, as they arrive quick.

And when most imported items are more than just letter size, they usually cheaper regardless of country to send via someone else other than the local post office.

It mostly seems to be the USA that sends bigger parcels still thru their local post people (ie USPS).

18. speedykonzales

Do couriers with broken teeth go also through parcelforce? Or have some of you thought about making a plan and start their own business? There has to be people here who are seriously fed up with this sh!t.

19. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

sometimes folk need to package things alot better, if something is fragile as hell dont send it...or send it in such a package that a nuclear bomb wouldnt break it,

ive had fragile stuff wrapped up in a black bag or wrappped in brown paper and they expect it to get their in 1 peice without it being ripped open?

hell i sent a bass drum via parcelforce, i wrapped it up in 2 tv boxes then put it in another box, drum made it their in one peice and wasnt broken, ok it took the guy 10 mins to unbox the whole thing but hey always pack better.