JZX mirror question

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by S15_drifter, Feb 6, 2016.

1. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

I have a jzx100 and I've bought some after market gandor style mirrors and I need back plates to fit them.

Does anyone one know where I can get some, or what car is vertually the same that I can modify slightly to make them fit.

Any my help would be great. Thanks

2. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

Anyone? Surely someone can help me with some advise?

3. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Not really sure what you need here? Sounds like they don't fit or weren't intended for a 100?

I've never seen mirror 'back plates' sold separately.

4. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Mmm, sounds like youre missing the bit that made them JZX100 specific. Got any pictures? Ive got ganadors on mine so could compare

5. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

There not JZX specific. There aftermarket copies, but what I need is the back plates ( see below pics ) to make them fit and need to try and find something either close to or similar to the standard chaser mirror. So I can make them fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#5 S15_drifter, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Ah yeah, well thats the point really, you will probably only get those parts on the chaser specific ganador mirrors, and i doubt anyone would split them out. If you think youll need to modify them, would you not be able to use the stock mirrors and just butcher them?

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

I have standard mirrors I could sell on if you wanted some to butcher up. Other than that cant think how else you'll manage unless you go buy more mirrors and tbh, youd be better just buying JZX ones. :)

I know the JZX ones can be swapped between each other, not expecting to fit 100% but still..

8. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

I've got standard mirrors on my car at the moment. These mirrors are universal to any car. You just use car specific back plates. ( Same way m3 mirrors are fitted to corsa's lol) but I need to try and work out. Which standard mirror would be similar to the chaser ( corrola, celica, mr2 ect)

9. mint

mint touch my fruit

You dont make any sense to me mate. You need to find a mirror thats close to the standard JZX mirror yet you own standard JZX mirrors.

Im yet to see universal mounting plates for these cheapo mirrors though, I got mine off Yahoo for like £60 with LED's built in, specific to the JZX100.

10. S15_drifter

S15_drifter Member

What in trying to say. Is they don't do the back plates to put the universal mirrors on the jzx, but they make them for the celica, Corolla, and mr2 ect. I'm trying to work out which is going to be the closest to the chaser so I can just modify them to fit. £60? That's not bad. You got a link?

11. mint

mint touch my fruit

I dont im afraid, it was second hand on Yahoo auction, Originally thought it was Ganadors.

I see what you mean now, I was under the impression these mirrors are all car specific as I have seen them for a whole range of Japanese cars now.

Here is some real deals tho : GENUINE GANADOR SUPER POWER MIRRORS JZX100 1JZ Toyota Chaser DRIFT *BREAKING* | eBay

Wish there was some on Ebay when I was hunting, I got out bid on 3 pairs in Japan and eventually got mine after paying bucks. However when you compare them side by side, its day and night.

12. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Tell you what, ill sell you mine for £398.00 ;)