Any other gas engineers on here?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by gt4tosupra, Feb 10, 2016.

1. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

My mates landlord plans to leave him with this mess of a boiler.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Captain

Captain Member

I'm an apprentice gas engineer, just showed that to my boss and we both agreed it's fucking typical of a landlord to do that. Call gas safe and get someone to inspect it and just take the landlord to court :)

3. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

British gas have come round and said it's ok tho. They say it's heat staining which is absolute crap. It's smoke cos it wipes off. Can't believe it. Silly ass holes.

4. Captain

Captain Member

British gas just want to replace boilers and charge you out the arse for it to be honest. I'd find out if the boilers been serviced any time recently, there should be a seal all around the inside of the boiler to stop any products of combustion spilling out but it looks like it's failed. If that's the case then it could be carbon monoxide leaking into the property

5. stichy

stichy Member

That is very normal staining for that generation of Ideal boilers.
    I have conducted Co investigation work, and even removed boiler with the same signs, non of the have had a problem.

And the seal on the front cover is Purley a secondary seal, has nothing to do with products of combustion. It's only there because it's a negative pressure boiler

6. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

How can that be normal. It's smoking up the walls as well as inside the cover. The seal I mean is the burner cover one, not the front cover obviously because that doesn't even have a seal.

Signs of spillage on a room sealed appliance= ID= cut it off.

7. stichy

stichy Member

As I've said I have encountered 3 ideal showing the same signs on the wall.
    Non of them where actually spilling at all.
    And as for the outer case all the heat are from where the hydraulic section is.

An if you ID a boiler on face value I would advise you rethink your approach.

8. gt4tosupra

gt4tosupra Active Member

Weird. But I won't be changing my approach. Unsafe sits says ID for room sealed showing signs of spillage