urgent help needed wiring toyota soarer

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Tim!, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Tim!

Tim! Member

hi guys

i know this is in the wrong place but from experience i know not many people look on the tecky section on here,

my cousin is in need of urgent help with the wiring on his soarer he started getting a electrical fault where everything would just switch off then come back on again on its own accord we had a look at the fuses and changed the "dome" fuse this seemed to sort the problem out for a few days then it all started happening again.

checked the fuses and they were all fine iv been told that the car had a full loom done about a year ago by the previous owner but dont know if this was true... check the earths as well so its not that

hes based in Banbury

if anyone has any advice please let me know asap

2. Kingk

Kingk Member

Has he got an aftermarket alarm? Mine did this because the perm 12v feed was wired in to the ignition feed for a remote start and the relay failed and it would start, stop do whatever it wanted, so I just unwired the remote start.

And I'd be tempted to try and check the loom, make sure nothing's shorting etc

3. Triki

Triki Member

Before diving in.... I assume he has done the obvious and checked the battery terminals ?