Lent a car to a "mate" and he fucking sold it!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Drifttrader, May 27, 2016.

1. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

So you guys need to keep me out of jail, because I don't have control of my temper at the best of times but I've just been fucked over by a mate I've known for 10 years...

Basically fucked his car up in a crash so I lent him one of my cars unbeknown to me he fucking sold it!

I've got a criminal record and the cops will throw the book at me if I do anything stupid given my priors so I need some sensible ideas... I will probably still do something not sensible but not for a while at least.

In the mean time, other than beating the shit out of this guy, any suggestions?

I don't want to involve or like the police and they don't really like me either so I'm guessing it's a bullshit small claims deal?

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Contact dvla and explain the situation.

Shit one man, trust no cunt!

3. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

LOL I knew you'd comment on this, you must be on here as much as me :p

Yeah I will give them a bell, tbf it was a shit box anyway worth about 500 quid but it's the principle - officially not going to be a nice guy, I always do favours for people literally every day and people are just snakes nowadays!

4. Tommy Kaira

Tommy Kaira Active Member

DVLA / police will get it back for you. It's your car so wasn't his to sell, you are still the owner and still have the log book. Tell them you want to press charges against him too.

5. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

Yeah, instead of violence, have you considered that this might be an opportunity for the police to do their job?

6. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

How can your mate sell the car if the log book is still in your name??
    Just phone the police and report it stolen, they'll pick it up sooner or later - ANPR is everywhere now.

The guy who bought the car will probably do you a favour and beat the shit out of your 'mate' for you, problem solved.

7. EddFD3S

EddFD3S New Member

Wow - does not sound like a nice situation to be in.

As the others have said, I'd report it to the police (I know you're not on best of terms but they may have a short memory?)

8. eskimo_god

eskimo_god Member

random that exactly the same thing happened to me.. i left it in the end if he wanted to be a petty little theithing cunt for less than 500 quid car let him not seen him since mind if i do i may not be as calm as i am and id get a criminal record.. just shows how you cant even trust old 'mates' grew up through school with him

9. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I find it hard to understand the mentality of someone that'd stitch up a mate like this.

10. OllieN.I

OllieN.I Member

Not that it really matters but did you "fuck up his car" or did he?

I'd report it stolen.

11. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

I resolved the situation... I got the money I wanted for the heap, and I had a chat with the lad...

It was a shit box, I wanted £200 I said he could lend it until I got round to selling it...

He thought because I was 450 miles away I wouldn't notice! What a bell end!

TBF if he said he sold it for me and wanted to lend the money for a few weeks I'd of probably said yes, he said he was "going to sort me out the cash" eventually...

- - - Updated - - -

We live in a world where the line between what is right and wrong is blurred - very blurred to some people!

12. jayden012

jayden012 Member

glad to hear you managed to sort it bud

13. Olliehood

Olliehood Member

that is one interesting situation, glad its all sorted