1UZ Soarer value (collector's prices yet?)

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by counteract, Oct 27, 2016.

1. counteract

counteract -o=me

Know of a 1UZ Soarer near me, recently spoke to the owner and went to view it originally for the engine for a friend, but the car is way too clean to break. It's a 1990 model, been in the country between 5-10 years and it has done between 17-18k miles. It is literally like a new car inside and out, even the paint is perfect.

The guy has a lot of cars and needs the space so was considering selling it, we never discussed a price but it wouldn't be much I'm feeling.

Would this be worth much more than that due to its condition? I had a look around online but currently all the Soarers for sale are either modified or 1JZ so it's hard to get a decent estimation of price.

Has anyone got experience with Soarers and reckon they could estimate a value on the car going by the above description? I took lots of pictures and videos if anyone wanted to see.

#1 counteract, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. RICKOLUS

RICKOLUS New Member

A clean 1UZ Soarer is probably worth £2000 - £2500. But if the mileage is as you say, it's a tricky one.

I got mine for £1800 but that had 100,000 miles.

3. counteract

counteract -o=me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really is like new.

4. Dale_

Dale_ Member

Well i have been looking at these alot and just purchased one with 107,000 miles on it for 750! The body work is abit tatty but it was so close to me that i couldnt say no. Ive seen some standard quite high milage ones advertised for around the 2k mark and not sell. Im assuming not alot of people are interested in them as the engine size puts them straight off? Lovely cars though and amazing to drive! (Depending on what your looking for in a car)

If you fancy shipping it iver to australia they seem to fetch ALOT of money out there lol

5. Swampy442

Swampy442 Active Member

Every car has a buyer, but V8s arent that much in demand really. Id say 3500 tops, depending on whether its a 30,31 or 32, spec and equipment etc.

Lovely looking car though in a good colour. If you bought it, what would you do with it?

6. counteract

counteract -o=me

I'm not certain the exact spec, though I know it's an airbag suspension model.

If I bought it I would only want to store it until it was worth more!

7. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

If its purely an investment I think, unfortunately, that an auto V8 soarer is never going to be worth big money. I dont think its the hakosuka/kenmeri of the future or anything like that. Youd probably spend more in storage (itll need dry storing to keep in that condition) for the next 10 years while at appreciates than youll make in the increased value.

Your best bet, if its that cheap, is just to buy it and sell it at a more realistic price right now, then do something with the 1-2k or whatever you make on it.

8. counteract

counteract -o=me

Yeah, I'll find out a price and go from there. If I can get it cheap enough I would buy it but only to sell on! Thanks for the info.