IS200 purchase

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by SYdrifter, Dec 24, 2016.

1. SYdrifter

SYdrifter New Member

Hi all :)

Im buying an IS200 but i have a couple of concerns since ive never owned one and have read mixed things online.

The one im lookkng at, in its resting position in neutral the gearstick is abit to the right as if the gearbox is twisted. Obviously its not lol but is that normal? The gear stick goes the same amount left and right so its just like the box is twisted.

Also, the clutch pedal squeaks and only has a short push from fully ouy to fully in.

Is all that normal on an IS200?

2. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

everything you just said is kind of relative... best thing you can do is view as many of them as possible, IS200s are everywhere. odds are you can view at least 5 in one day local to you. test drive a number and you'll know which ones are lemons ;)

3. SYdrifter

SYdrifter New Member

Ok thanks :) this one is goin to be my drifter for next year. Its a mate thats selling it and he says all is well so ill have a look at one or two more to see how they compare :)

4. Captain

Captain Member

Your right about the gearstick they all sit slightly to the right my altezza dies it aswell but ita perfectly normal. As for the clutch i thought the travel in it was medium so it could need bleeding. But as said they're cheap as shit and the a stupid amount of them about so look at as many as you can and pick the best, good luck :)

5. SYdrifter

SYdrifter New Member

Thanks :) its one my mate has got near my house so its fairly close. With regards to bleeding the clutch, is it something that would be noticeable if it needed doing? And would it be worth me changing the clutch? Are the stock ones any good for drifting or is it worth buying a paddle clutch to start with or should i get a paddle clutch after a few months?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk