Full Circuit Drifting @ Lydden Hill Kent 15th Oct

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

[​IMG]
    Lydden Hill Race Circuit, Wootton, Canterbury, Kent CT4 6RX | Tel - (01304) 830557

Following the thread in 'other chat' Full circuit Drifting on Oct 15th 2011 @ Lydden Hill, nr Canterbury, Kent is set to go ahead and take bookings :thumbs:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY

Cost for the day is £137 (£7 paypal fees)
    The day will consist of 8 x 15 min sessions, 1 every hour and will be open sessions (no queing).
    Signing on opens at 7.30AM with the Drivers briefing at 8.30, Which you must attend.
    Failure to show by this time means you may be unable to take part and no refunds will be made.
    You MUST have a full valid license & your car must be in 'road worthy' condition

The day will only go ahead if we reach a Minimum of 20 bookings, and at present theres are max of 24 spaces

TERMS OF BOOKING

When placing your booking you MUST provide your Full Name, Address, Car Make & Model.

You will recieve an email from us comfirming we have recieved your payment and a 2nd email on the 1st Oct to comfirm if the day is on or off.

Refunds will be given, if the event is cancelled due to lack of numbers or if lydden hill cancel the day, Unfortuantly we can not offer refunds for any other reason than this, but please note you may sell you booking privately if you cannot make it but you must notify Lydden Hill of the change.

Additional drivers can be added on the day at a cost of £20 and needs to be paid directly in the signing in office.

Helmets will be required

Booking Closed

If you have any questions please ask

#1 lezbrucelee, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  2. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

So if it doesn't go on and we've paid then we get all 137 back?

3. milez

milez Active Member

Bloody hell that's expensive. Good luck with the day though. Hope it goes well.

4. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Why don't you just send as gift and save the fees?

5. shifty babe

shifty babe Member

so, if i book a second driver on my car i pay £137, he pays £20 so £75 each...and we get 8 sessions between us, 4 each??

6. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

hmmmn, FCD where have i heard that before...........

7. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Christ that is pricey :( unfortunately when Mallory is cheaper and open pit lane all day is doesnt make sense to go to Lydden. Good luck with the day though, it is a fun track.

8. lezbrucelee

Yer is kinda pricey but when it cost £140 just in diesel to get to pod n back it works out a cheap day for some of us.
    i would expect if we get plenty of interest the prices may drop and we maybe able to get lydden to do full days for us, this day hopefully will open that door for us so please support it as we need a local drift spot, if it dont make the numbers they wont entertain having drifting again n i wont be bothering trying either.

#8 lezbrucelee, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  9. lezbrucelee

dont no but thats what it is.

10. lezbrucelee

2 spaces booked already

18 to go

11. lezbrucelee

:worthy:

Yer thats right but you have to book 2nd driver in on the day

12. haza88

haza88 Active Member

seriously people dont post if your not going to skid on this day, send your crying by pm to lexbrucelee and im sure hel explain any questions you have

simple if you dont want to drift at this day dont post, ther been too many of these lydenn hill posts nows

i will pay at the 1st working day of next month which is when i get paid

hopefully this one will go ahead as ther is NO drift sessions in the south east at al

13. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

out of interest what else is on at the same time? id love to get something like this on at knockhill and that price isnt to far off what i think folks would pay. Pm may be better for this but i typed it now :-)

14. dan4

dan4 Active Member

Whats the big deal its the same price as a full trackday?! Fair play for getting it arranged

15. lezbrucelee

double post

#15 lezbrucelee, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  16. lezbrucelee

Yes,you do get the full £137 back if the day is cancelled

17. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

Drifters are so tight this is a good price for a trackday!
    I'm interested in this so hopefully my car will be done and ready to rock.

18. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

Makes me laugh when all the boneheads start moaning about the prices, it was so frustrating when I was trying to get people to go. Mallory is very cheap and we are incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to do it but dont compare it as standard. This is still cheaper than most track days.

I can 100% guarantee that you will not manage to do all 8 sessions of a Lydden day if you are good enough to drift the whole track. New tyres will need changing after nearly every 15min session and then it's time to go out on the next session. Plus I dont believe anyone who says they have done more track time at Mallory unless they were only drifting a fraction of the corners for the same reason.

#18 royal, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  19. OptiBull

OptiBull > > > > > > > > > >

On a few occasions in the past I have made the 8 hour round trip to drift at lydden hill. It is a spot on place to drive. Challenging for all levels of experience. Well worth the money.

20. hosmob

hosmob Active Member

Dave, really, you think most people who drift Mallory only do 2 hours on track out of the 8 they can use, don't try and justify the cost that way, £137 is a decent price for a normal track day and people shouldn't moan about it, anyway with the amount of threads around regarding drifting at Lydd or Lydden Hill, it should be no problem filling the day and I hope it leads to more days at the circuit.

The more venues we can support the better for everyone, so all of you people in the area get behind the day and get booked on.

Bob
    FCD:MP