Wisefab Rear kit installation on a Toyota Soarer

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by Trickysadd, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Hi Guy's ,

Wonder if you can help. On advice , recommendation and research I ordered the rear wisefab kit that is listed as fitting the jza 80 supra and soarer.
    The front fitted fine but the rear is leaving us head scratching. I have John Danby Racing in Marks Tey Essex ( Ross 07776 306952 ) preparing the car for me and this is starting to get expensive. I know they have emailed you and tried to call, so would it be possible for someone to speak to them and see where we are going wrong.
    If we have the right kit , then it would appear that they either have the arms mixed up or the subframe on a soarer is a lot different from a supra. In that case Wisefab and the other sellers of the kit need to be aware. Whilst it is not beyond the realms to remake the top arms , it seems a pity as I am paying for wisefab testing and knowledge.

JDR are apparently sending over some photos to you as well.

Would really appreciate your help guy's.

Regards

Rich

2. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Hi Rich, sorry to hear you're having issues. Where have you seen that the rear kit fits a Soarer? To my knowledge the rear Supra kit is not advertised anywhere as fitting the Soarer as it doesn't. If this is a listing error somewhere I apologise. I just can't see anywhere it says that.

3. Trickysadd

Trickysadd Member

Hi Phil,
    Sorry for the gap in replying. Your site has always been clear but at the time we ordered there were 3 others that had assumed because the front Is listed as Supra / Soarer then its a small leap to assume the rear is too. Two of them changed their ads immediately and the last supplier was informed by Wisefab who were very helpful all the way through by the way.

So we now have the front and rear all fitted to my soarer and I am pretty happy. There is no point in analysing cost but I would say that in my opinion the Wisefab parts are well made and built to last through tough drifting events. This gives me confidence that they are over engineered for circuit racing.

The main cost for me was in all the work JDR undertook in building my rear subframe, as we were on a learning curve.

In summary for a Soarer Front end, the Wisefab kit will fit but increases track by 100mm. It is designed to eliminate the anti roll bar for drifting and we are going to test in this format to see how it handles out of the box on a circuit.

On the rear to fit the Supra kit we needed to source a Supra Mk4 TT rear subframe and drive shafts. The soarer diff fits but we had to machine the solid rear TT diff mounts from Hardrace. The soarer V8 diff casing is slightly bigger than the Supra TT one. The subframe bolts up to the soarer shell perfectly although longer bolts are required if you are using solid mounts as we did. The rear track Is unaffected, and the antiroll bar is retained.

I have ordered et65mm front and 15mm rear offset wheels to even the track and try to avoid spacers as a starting point and will experiment from there.

So there it is. It does fit but its an expensive solution at the rear . There aren't that many supra TT's being broken any more so a subframe and driveshafts was £500 alone. Add that to an LSD, wisefab kit , solid mounts, new bearings powder coating and assembly inc big brakes and it was a £7k subframe . As I said at the beginning , no point in analysing cost....now wheres my beer !

Hope that helps other soarer owners.

Rich