RC DRIFT SOUTHWEST! event...

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by smurph323, Oct 25, 2012.

1. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

BERROW VILLAGE HALL MEET.

every second sunday!

next meet - Sunday 2nd (december)
    same place - 2pm-5pm berrow village hall.
    same price - £3per person.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF DRIVERS? the hall is fairly spacious but with track outlayed id have to only hazard a guess at max of 10 or so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES:

1/10th scale ONLY.
    NO NITRO CARS, battery powered ONLY.
    If you use lipo batteries they must be hard cased, NIMHs can be used.
    Charge bags must be used for ALL batteries.
    No motors lower than 6.5T.
    No gyros or additional drift devices.
    No "grip" tyres or tyre addatives.

any questions or concerns message me and ill get back to you.

PLASTIC TYRES ONLY -
    plastic tyres and electric cars only!!! The reason for plastic tyres is it wont scratch the floor (I have tested it at the location) and also so that everyone runs at same drift speed. I will normally always have spare wheels with plastic drift tyres, so you can borrow on the day if needed.

It's about ten minutes from jct22 of m5, head towards brean.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=be...-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

It will take you about an hour from gloucester.

COST: £3

SURFACE: hard wood floor

FACILITIES:

indoor
    power sockets available
    kitchen available (microwave/kettle/sink etc)
    hose pipe outlayed track

Please let me know if you can make it.. and ill see you there.. any questions let me know. open to all ages and skill levels its just a fun play day.. more the merrier.

feel free to bring along any home made tagging/clipping points etc.. cones etc etc.

#1 smurph323, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. black8driver

black8driver Member

will see if i can come along to this.. got a few mates that could be up for it too..
    si

3. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

cool more the better, if we can pull numbers together no reason we cant hold regular meets.

drifting on an actual set out track is 10x better than spinning it round an empty car park. with others there too, no reaosn we cant set up real life tracks (ebisu etc) or gym khana style things.

only things to consider is, so that we are all running at same speeds and not leaving black marks on floor plastic tyres only. i will be sure to bring some spar sets of wheels just incase. and if your running old style crystals be sure to bring as many spares as poss.

hope to see you there mate, bring your mates share the trip cost etc. where you comin from.?

4. black8driver

black8driver Member

Hopefully be 4 of us from bath area.
    2x tt01 and 2x hpi sprints.. all got plastic drift tyres and all 2.4 ghz so all good
    Si

5. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

ok cool, well shoudl take about 50 mins from bath. hoping to find a good central location for the active members eventually... so might end up being bristol waym but for now would be great to all get together and get things off the ground.
    see you then dude.

6. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

Hello smurph323,

couple of points, can you clean up your first post and clarify the points regarding times and entry. Feel free to use the same format as used in a couple of other event threads on here. Infact, i'll edit it up a bit for you.

I have removed you bumps, this part of the forum isn't moving quickly enough for your thread to come away from the first page overnight. So please stop the bumping.

Finally, 2 hours isn't a very long time for a session, if you want higher attendances, you'll need to offer more actual track time. Good luck with it though, it will be nice to see another club going.

7. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

Actually, if you wish to continue to use the forum to advertise your meets, put the effort in to use a spelling and grammar check and relay your information in a coherent manner.

8. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

firstly, apologies for the bumps. im just very kean to get this known and seen to help it off the ground.
    grammar wise i am just a lazy typist and have no excuse. i figure as long as the point is put forward it can be understood (such as text speak)
    however its not my forum, and i appreceate your input into the heading post. it does flow smoother and the information is more clearly listed. so ill try my best to keep things in order. thankyou for your understanding.

track time wise, as a first meet its basically a risk out of my own pocket to book the hours. its not an event with sponsors, or competitions. im just another guy who wants to drift with like minded folk and doing something about it.
    having now had a few more deffinate attendee's i will speak to the owners of the hall and see if we are able to extend the time on the day.

9. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

thanks to everyone for coming and making it such a good day. great to meet you all. (some met before).. +extra smiles at the diverse range of cars in the carpark ;-)
    think myself and others are in need of moar Mah! however the 3 hour session felt good, going to go for sunday 18th... times etc how did it feel to you all.?? midday was ok except i realised i hadnt eaten when i got home. so do we stick wth that sort of time or move it forward or back.. suggestions welcome.

looking forward to the next one! drift bridge FTW! (if you make anything feel free to bring it along,clipping points etc)

will post up some pics and vids asap

10. black8driver

black8driver Member

it was great fun track was pretty good too i just need to get more practice at wood surface its very different than the tarmac i have been used to. will get my steering sorted and will deffo be back again..

times wise i thought it wasnt too bad yes it is sunday dinner time for some but i wouldnt want it any later really as its nice tio get back and relax for a bit before work on monday...

all in all a great fun day.

si

11. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

#11 smurph323, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  12. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

tottally agree, at home chilling before work monday. was nice to be out of the hall before dark

glad you had a good day and enjoyed the track... apart from the bridge it was loosely modeled on ebisu minami.
    cheers for coming and looking forward to seeing you at the next meet. see if we can get some nice twin drift going.
    planning on setting up an old tamiya on grip tyres with a cam attached. ;-)

13. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

apologies for any confusion... next meet will actually still take place on sunday.
    alot of poeple found saturday a struggle so rebooked it for 4.30pm sunday the 18th for 3 hours.

same rules apply £3 per rc, per person being used.

(tim and si) know you said you may only be able o make on meeting a month so understand if you dont make it this time, hope to see you again. more than welcome.

#13 smurph323, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  14. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

oh hey... look up RC Drift southwest on facebook and join the group.. should be an easy way to keep everyone updated about the events.. and my main reason is so that we can all share pictures from the days or any other time in one place.

15. black8driver

black8driver Member

RC Drift southwest i cant find damn my bad facebook fu....
    can you put a ling up to make it easy for us more rubbish people pls...

plus i got new arms and servo so cant wait for the next one... see if im any better (doubt it lol)

si

update:....
    found and joined the facebook group..
    si

#15 black8driver, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  16. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

haha sorry should have done link to start with, dont worry your not the first to have trouble finding it... think maybe cus its only a small group doesnt show up early in search.
    heres a link so anyone else reading this can find it quicker.

17. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

p.s. to be honest mate i thought you were pretty good, a few others in the group are getting to grips with the surface too so hopefully with a bit more practice we should be able to hold down some twin drifts... maybe.
    im all for trying to get video from the days together... windows movie maker didnt agree with my phone footage though so will have to try using some mini cams on cars with micro sd's in.
    next meet is 2nd december...

confirmed!

2nd dec

2pm - 5pm

berrow village hall

#17 smurph323, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  18. smurph323

smurph323 New Member

Unfortunatley the hall is booked up for when the next meet was hoped for, so 16th is not do able... unless we were to do it after 5.30 a possibilty but i worry that it may put a few members off being that late... (saturdays are also booked up alongside those sundays) time of year.!

so heres our options... i need all of your feedback if poss.

1) book it for 5.30 - 8.30 16th. (late night session, get your lights on)
    2) skip a week and book 23rd (but it would have to be 9am - 12midday... crimbo bash whole hall comes to mind)
    3)see if we can find another hall for the 16th sunday... (you are all welcome to find a hall near you, berrow hall would happily give a good reference)
    4)??? open to suggestions.

if we were to do 23rd crimbo both halls bash it would only really be worth doing if we had a guaranteed 10 people going.. but to be honest i think after last week we can do that.

not sure if anyone is even replying on here anymore.... :-/ but want to be sure everyone is informed correctly so here it is.

19. Stevedrifter

Stevedrifter New Member

When is the next drift event? Cheers

20. Dori_Monkey

Dori_Monkey Member

Steve, the next meet is on the 30th, join our fb page for any updates :)