Register
    dorifto kingu!

candy pink/pearlecent hot pink paint code wanted (yashio factory color style)

as above, looking for a paint code for this color, i know yashio factory dont give out there color code, so as close to that color as possible or something like this

dorifto kingu!
    Bump this shit

-NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-
    House of kolor do a pretty simular colour I don't have my book with me today for the name but I'm sure you could find it on their site.

dorifto kingu!
    Looked into this when crazydave painted my r32. Yashio pink is a candy pearl, almost looks like a mix of pink and magenta. Candy paint is pretty expensive though, as it takes more coats to get a good finish. Also if you damage a panel you will have to repaint the whole side of the car because it's difficult to match panels even if you are using the same paint.

I opted for a pearl pink, got it from a eBay shop, search 'fantasy pearl pink' it looks like this

dorifto kingu!
    Cheers guys, the main reason I'm askin for close to yashio is cos my new silvias cooling panel is yashio factory and it's pink and it looks the tits, so I'm thinking a similar pink will look great against my black car on small things like rocker cover , tow hook , etc

Chick drifter :)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
    Cheers guys, the main reason I'm askin for close to yashio is cos my new silvias cooling panel is yashio factory and it's pink and it looks the tits, so I'm thinking a similar pink will look great against my black car on small things like rocker cover , tow hook , etc
    Take the slam panel to a good paint shop and they should be able to get a match

(Thats what I was advised when I was looking into getting my roomies car done in a Holden Purple - had the code, but they didn't have it on the system )

************Learner Drifter**************

dorifto kingu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hails View Post
    Take the slam panel to a good paint shop and they should be able to get a match

(Thats what I was advised when I was looking into getting my roomies car done in a Holden Purple - had the code, but they didn't have it on the system )
    Not quite that easy with a completely custom colour, easy enough with a standard colour though.

I think the colour Jay is talking about could be Hot Pink Pearl, a masively popular colour in the modified scene, mostly with girls.

Alex B

dorifto kingu!
    Quote Originally Posted by NORFY View Post
    Looked into this when crazydave painted my r32. Yashio pink is a candy pearl, almost looks like a mix of pink and magenta. Candy paint is pretty expensive though, as it takes more coats to get a good finish. Also if you damage a panel you will have to repaint the whole side of the car because it's difficult to match panels even if you are using the same paint.
    Not quite true, candy and pearl are 2 different paints, although it would be possible to put a candy over a pearl basecoat, though it's not something we've ever done.

Candy paint, (I'm talking from a House Of Kolor kandy stand point now, as thats the only true kandy we've dealt with, othe than Chryslers mas production tinted clear that kind of gives a similar effect if you're not too picky! ), is expensive because of the amount of layers you need, as you need a white primer, (ideal but not strictly essential), you're basecoat, 2-3 coats, kandy coats 3-4 coats, laquer, 2-3 coats.
    The kandy coats are, to put it simply, a tinted clear, (though there are a lot of differences I'm not going to go into), so need hardener ading, which is a very expensive product.

Most ordinary systems, including pearls, you would laquer after the basecoat layer, so in effect you're almost doubling you're paint poducts, which makes the system as a whole, expensive, though no single product is.

Alex B

dorifto kingu!
    bumping this fucker , any nice pearl pink colors off motorbikes or cars???