Toyota Celica st185 GT4 / RWD as a drift car? Your opinion ?
Hi I am new in the drifting community and donít know a lot about drifting cars setup, weight balance, stiffness, Turning angle and so on.
I have a Toyota Celica ST185 GT4 with four wheel drive and a 3SGTE 2.0 liter turbocharged engine.
The car is modified and makes 300 + something hp and drives really nice in a straight line but that is boring.
And I donít have economy to make it in to a 700 hp AWD drifter.
I have the knowhow to make it in to a RWD but I am not sure if it would be a good solution concerning the handling.
The reasons why I want to transform my Celica are that I have already done a lot of work on the car and I know what has been done to it and it would be nice to have something that you donít see every day on a drift track
So my questions are :
1. How do you think the weight will affect the car ?
2. Will the car be stiff enough to drift
3. Because it is an AWD it doesnít turn as much as a regular Celica how much will that affect?
4. How will the handing be?
5. Your overall opinion of the project ?
6. Will I be better off by selling my car and buying another? And which car will you propose to choose instead. (Donít have a lot of money to play with)
Thank you for your time and opinion. I am looking forward to reading your answer.
only answer u need is till question 6. sell it buy a 200sx/volvo/sierra etc...
We have one in the workshop at the moment. Being 4wd it has no lock. Not the most reliable engines in standard form. Not that cheap, must more cost effecive to just get a rwd car.
Thanks for your comments Jamie and R34snakie.
To Jamie. What are you doing the celica you have in the workshop?
There are also a lot of money to be invested if I should make a other RWD car track ready