Toyota Celica st185 GT4 / RWD as a drift car? Your opinion ?
Hi I am new in the drifting community and donít know a lot about drifting cars setup, weight balance, stiffness, Turning angle and so on.
I have a Toyota Celica ST185 GT4 with four wheel drive and a 3SGTE 2.0 liter turbocharged engine.
The car is modified and makes 300 + something hp and drives really nice in a straight line but that is boring.
And I donít have economy to make it in to a 700 hp AWD drifter.
I have the knowhow to make it in to a RWD but I am not sure if it would be a good solution concerning the handling.
The reasons why I want to transform my Celica are that I have already done a lot of work on the car and I know what has been done to it and it would be nice to have something that you donít see every day on a drift track
So my questions are :
1. How do you think the weight will affect the car ?
2. Will the car be stiff enough to drift
3. Because it is an AWD it doesnít turn as much as a regular Celica how much will that affect?
4. How will the handing be?
5. Your overall opinion of the project ?
6. Will I be better off by selling my car and buying another? And which car will you propose to choose instead. (Donít have a lot of money to play with)
Thank you for your time and opinion. I am looking forward to reading your answer.