Pro-tard
    New years resolutions:

* Get rid of gay car.
    * Spend less time on internet forums.
    BDC MX5

Google this Bagley.

wrecked
    Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post
    Also, the trailing wheel on most drift cars barely touches the floor anyway? As its mirroring the leading wheel its just the inner most shoulder that drags on the floor so im not sure how much of an effect it would have with such a minimal contact patch anyway? I'd like to do it, just to see if its possible to actually tell a difference.... But usually, nothing makes a difference and it all feels the same.. haha..
    ...Amen.

Basically Cars have Ackerman angle for a reason. Its been explained briefly in this thread but fuck me are you guys making hard work of a simple topic. go look at my reply in the last thread about Ackerman angle. Why would you want rid of it? your car will probably turn in like ass, even if there is a minute improvement in in-drift feel. If you redrill/cut'n'shut the arms in the same line as they were before, you can get some extra locks and not mess up your ackerman angles.

Hopefully I can help with the aid of this simple diagram I just knocked together:

Declan, you have killed yours off, how does the car handle on turn in and just for general non-sideways driving?
    -Cas

Its Like a submissive bondage party, full of gimps.

5. From the Driftworks Shop
    wrecked
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Muppet View Post
    New years resolutions:

* Get rid of gay car.
    * Spend less time on internet forums.
    PMSL and damn straight. I wonder if changing Ackerman angle on thier car ever directly got anyone laid.
    -Cas

dorifto kingu!
    ive just modded the arms on the lexus and the lock is insaine!!!
    how it will drive we shall see i guess!!

ill put some pics up in the project thread soon as i can master puter
    dash/trim flocking service..pm me for prices etc

BURTON POWER DRIFT TEAM

Box Assassin

yeh manh it got me laid, i was fucking about with my ackermanangle the other day... then all of a sudden 7 chicks nailed their holes to my face. so i was all like " yo...erm you bitches see what im doing, im messing about with the angle of mr ackerman..zzz..."

then these bitches were all like" yo whhhittteee boy that so sexy" ...

then i woke up and realised that talking about geek stuff makes you sexually appealing to gordon murray and thats about it.

Miseryguts

Yeah man, jus the other day I was talking to Declan, and his first words were "man, I wish these ho's would backup off've me, give a brother room" Its true I tells ya.

Sr20 parts man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cas View Post
    ...Amen.

Basically Cars have Ackerman angle for a reason. Its been explained briefly in this thread but fuck me are you guys making hard work of a simple topic. go look at my reply in the last thread about Ackerman angle. Why would you want rid of it? your car will probably turn in like ass, even if there is a minute improvement in in-drift feel. If you redrill/cut'n'shut the arms in the same line as they were before, you can get some extra locks and not mess up your ackerman angles.

Hopefully I can help with the aid of this simple diagram I just knocked together:

Declan, you have killed yours off, how does the car handle on turn in and just for general non-sideways driving?

I can see your point dude, nice pic BTW But this is a forum after all which is here to discus shizz like this? valid points, i too look forword to seing what Dec has to say bout the non skid handling.
    So what if people find this shit geeky, thinking up shit like this keeps me in a job and i really enjoy it so

dorifto kingu!
    Yay I'm back

Right handling, interesting one, my car has never really suffered understeer in its current state, partly my technique & partly car set up. But its not as simple as just ackerman, spring rates, tyre contact patch, tyre pressure & rubber dictates, diff set up has much more effect IMHO.

Turn In: did'nt change that much not really noticeable, again once the inner wheel is unloaded its not doing much anyway, and we only spend a tiny portion of our time turning in don't we? Plus its quite good handling on circuit grip driving and (It'll do a sub 60 round Brands Indy in its drift set up on road tyres)

Ackerman effect mid drift: This has been noticeable, I think the only way I can describe it is the front does'nt drag its way the corners if that makes sense. My car wears its front tyres totally flat but next.......

KPI & Camber: On my car I've modified the KPI so at almost full lock the outside front wheel has a full contact patch, not an edge (see Bretts pic above as an opposite example). Now I'm not 100% sure how I came about this set up as my geo is far from factory but its very effective.

My car is particularly good handling at very high speed stuff, it just hangs there on near full lock & I still have steering control at that point which is quite weird compared to most other things I've driven.

However the one place its definately not good at is parking anything approaching full lock & its just goes straight on lol, me thinks I have a bit too much lock for that.

S1- F.T break!
    Really interesting post.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJG View Post
    You must have some kind of 60's top fuel funny car to get understeer into a donut through "too much rear end grip".

wrecked
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    I can see your point dude, nice pic BTW But this is a forum after all which is here to discus shizz like this? valid points, i too look forword to seing what Dec has to say bout the non skid handling.
    So what if people find this shit geeky, thinking up shit like this keeps me in a job and i really enjoy it so
    Not disparaging anyone from this sort of thing, this is the technical section, and its good to see people thinking of new and inventive ways to make thier cars better (or fuck them up?) For reference the pic was aimed squarely at Mike haha so no need to be defensive. We are all one big incestous family here (Although I hope I made it detailed enough to be of useful input to the thread as well)

This shit keeps me in a job too, but I'd rather be down the pub!

Quote Originally Posted by Declan
    Right handling, interesting one, my car has never really suffered understeer in its current state, partly my technique & partly car set up.
    -Its a toyota, not a nissan.

But its not as simple as just ackerman, spring rates, tyre contact patch, tyre pressure & rubber dictates, diff set up has much more effect IMHO.
    Obviously! get to the point Dec

Turn In: did'nt change that much not really noticeable, again once the inner wheel is unloaded its not doing much anyway, and we only spend a tiny portion of our time turning in don't we? Plus its quite good handling on circuit grip driving and (It'll do a sub 60 round Brands Indy in its drift set up on road tyres)
    Yes we only spend a fraction turning in, its the flick of the wheel before chaos ensueing. But its very important, as it can make the difference between 'awesome' and 'biting HUGE wall' -ask Shane and Danny!

From what you've said though Its something I might give a go myself, I just wanted an opinion from someone (whos opinion I can trust) thats acually messed around with it and driven on the end result! I think buff may have modified the hubs on that white supra too.

Thanks for your input Dec, I just gotta find some spare front hubs that don't have 'MKIV Supra tax' included.
    -Cas

dorifto kingu!
    Z30 Soarer hubs are the same Caz

gripper

I have 3 sets.
    $250 plus ship
    FROM NH , USA@
    DANG MOOSEKNUCKLES! gives you that extra Kick you need, str8 from NH! Dang, Mooseknuckles.

These are done at a High Tech Machine shop and done right, Very very good welds. as you can see.

I have these here which are v2. and I have V1 which is not so aggressive. both will add full lock EXTREME angle, but the V2 are more sensitive and have a bit more of a Drift following.

I look forward to your questions and hopefull of your purchase.
    Thanks Russ/
    No trading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12