First build starting from scratch - Nissan s13 (pic heavy)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by plictisit, Aug 4, 2016.

1. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Hello everyone,
    Like I said this is my first full on project (hope it turns out ok lol), with an ideea I've had for quite some years after being on the side lines at many events watching other people drift in my country (Romania).
    Long story short after I got back in touch with a friend who has been drifting for a few years with his e30 v8, he told me about an s13 shell that was for sale and that's how it all started, this was last summer with the progress until today, hope it's gonna be finished by the end of this summer ^^
    Some pics after first getting the shell:
    WzusjC.

BG2m9c.

lZTUwA.

After that work on the rollcage and cutting the front & gearbox tunnel to fit the v8 gearbox started:

mZuzZy.

fSHCPd.

utgnl6.

jhAr3R.

H9M7FM.

AOJLHi.

YSIb5k.

While all this was happening I ordered a few goodies:
    - HSD coilovers
    - s14 dw geomaster kit (rear)
    - s14 wisefab kit (front)
    - 5 lug s14 hubs from enjuku racing
    - sparco pro 2000's

cmOk83.

8B8uNp.

cGdkU7.

NPD6sf.

Engine is gonna be m62 4.4 v8 from an bmw, which will remain na, refurbished a bit
    - new bearings & segments
    - more valve clearance @ pistons
    - 2mm off cylinder heads, polished & enlarged exhaust holes
    - new water pump
    - new seals
    - a bit more agressive camshafts
    - ceramic pucks on the stock clutch which was also reconditioned

ZEsC2b.

3qRjLL.

hgMe9k.

6FMPYN.

Bought another s13 for the differential and other parts that I was missing

JlF7ZP.

Prepping the shell for paint inside & outside

isEup8.

WI1EL6.

Tb2HrU.

0lDd2c.

fNRCyJ.

- - - Updated - - -

#1 plictisit, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. plictisit

plictisit New Member

After many hours of chipping away at the surface rust from the rollcage and everything that was welded cause it stayed a while like that, and the old paint .. it was finally ready to be sprayed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that it was time to make it look like a car again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some r33 front brakes, still need buy something for the rear

[​IMG]

Made them a bit more presentable
    (right one wasn't done yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made the fronts blue to match the wisefab, and gonna make the rears orange to match the geomaster kit

Got a set of rota grid 18' but still need to buy another set of wheels to have spares for the rear

[​IMG]

And this is how the car sits at the present time

[​IMG]

To be continued, I prolly missed some stuff since I made the topic in 1 hour, but this is most of what's happened until now, and I hope it will be ready before the end of this summer and test it out, currently the exhaust manifold is being made, and continued with the exhaust till the rear of the car, and I ordered some more parts like steering wheel & mount, rpm / water temp / oil pressure / voltmeter gauges, and other stuff and after these arrive the electrical wiring of the car can start
    Shoutout to Morpheusmaster for helping me plan everything, decide on which parts and other stuff, Marian & Motor @ syl garage where the car is being built, and Gica for bringing the engine back to it's former life or even better hopefully

#2 plictisit, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  3. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Wow, loads gone into this already!

Car looks great, will be a right Animal when built! :)

4. n77rwh

n77rwh New Member

Yes nice job mate. Can tell lots of hours have went into it

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

5. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Thanks for the kind words guys
    Updates would be that a friend of mine found some some 300zx rear brakes that I got, waiting to be brought back to life

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manifold exhaust & xpipe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And got some more parts like steering wheel / gun metal lug nuts / electric water pump / exhaust & engine compartment isolation / rpm, water temp, oil pressure & voltmeter gauges / 2x41mm spal fans for the water radiator / oil radiator + a smaller fan to fit it / extinguisher kit & other small bits waiting to be fitted

#5 plictisit, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  6. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Today the car got some thermal reflective foil, might put all the way to the back of the car underneath where the exhaust is gonna be since I bought 2 sets and only 1 was used but we'll see, I have some titanium heat wrap rolls for the exhaust manifold and exhaust but I might add some more gold since there's plenty left, anyway here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Some updates would be:
    - water conducts with the auxiliar electric waterpump
    - gas conducts
    - dashboard and switch pannel
    - fan support @ radiator
    - conducts for brakes and discs/callipers up
    - engine wiring, and started her up a bit, I'll see if I can post the video of it even tho it's not in english

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 plictisit, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  8. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Incredible build!

Look forward to more progress

9. G535

G535 Member

[Wow shits sick man +_____+

10. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Thanks for the kind words boys, here's some more pics, didn't post the exhaust, and got the rear wings on and test fitted front wings/rear bumper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but the car is mostly done, took it from Syl Garage to a friend's yard a few months ago, here are the final pics 15328377_1300741839985464_172509029_n. 15281993_1300741833318798_1937674087_n.

Had some problems with the engine shortly after, a piston head met a valve and the engine got stuck, and there was low compression on 2 cylinders, so replaced both cylinder heads, and the piston that was destroyed, and this was after a small soft done by my friend on his home made dyno lol

Seems to be running good now, prolly eating a bit of oil (smoke), now need to see if the engine leaks oil anywhere cause it had a few places that were leaking, get another set of rims for the back, do an oil exchange and it's pretty much good to go for the first test run

#11 plictisit, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  12. kingzy

kingzy Member

Car looks really cool mate!

What rear wing/end plates are those? Looks awesome!

13. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Thanks mate! I'm not sure they have a name, the guy who made the whole bodykit made the rear wing aswell and it was the first he made like this

14. driftbouli49

driftbouli49 New Member

15. driftbouli49

driftbouli49 New Member

16. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Haha that dyno is awesome!

17. plictisit

plictisit New Member

Hey guys, been kinda busy with work but basically since then we took it on the first test drive:

After about 30 mins the servo pump was dead and you could barely move the wheel if you went past half lock and also the only "china part" on the car showed it's quality, the fuel tank had a sponge to keep fuel from moving to left & right, and it was decomposing and bits of it clugged the fuel pump and filter so it wasn't really running in high revs, so took out the sponge and added an swirl pot, another fuel pump for the swirl pot, new filter, new fuel lines (ordered them when we weren't sure what was causing the problem if the sponge in the tank or maybe something in the lines), and electric servo from an opel astra/zafira or smth.

That was almost 3 months ago, and a few days earlier what I wrote was finally done to the car, and yesterday took it for the test run nr 2 to see what's gonna happen, and I can finally say it's done. No problems what so ever, ran great. I just need to get some more tires and have some free time to test it some more lol.

A pic and a couple of vids, took it out with almost no exterior to not waste time putting the front/rear bumpers, sideskirts (which all have to be taken down to get the car on the platform, put them back on, take them off when you get there, and put them back on after so it doesn't break them going on and off it), and also took the rear wings off cause I got another set of rims (some ASA 18' 8.5j et18 all around) which kind of go out too much, and I didn't want to cut the wings or make the ride height bigger, nobody needs that kind of negativity so just took em off lol. Looking for a different solution so I can keep the rims.

I'm the passenger in the 2nd vid, the guy driving is the owner of Syl Garage where the car was built, and he also had a few participations to drift events over the years, I'm just a newbie hopefully getting a feel for the car and everything soon, since it's finally running good and can get some seat time.

19756320_1585657254811957_1991093926_n.

18. 5M0K3

5M0K3 New Member

This is awesome!

19. Rs Adz

Rs Adz New Member

wicked build

20. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey nice work mate so please tell me what spec is rota ??