Fuel injectors leaking?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Daddy_D, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

Can you guys tell me if what I'm about to describe is a leaking fuel injector or maybe something normal and fixable...
    I have this pressure setup that flushes injectors and it's absolute gold as it has improved idle and throttle response, but today I encountered what I pressume is couple of bad ones. I back flushed all 6, checked the pattern is nice and misty but 1 one of them continues to spray like a flower water can for 2-3 seconds. This happens ever time after I stop applying 12v so "pssss......psssss.....psssss......psssss....leak" "pssss......psssss.....psssss......psssss....leak" until the drip stops. The other 2 experience same but only occasionally and with a lot less "bullet holes" patern "pssss......psssss.....psssss......psssss....solid" "pssss......psssss.....psssss......psssss....solid" "pssss......psssss.....psssss......psssss....mild leak" The other 3 are solid and don't let a single drop. I was running about 60psi through them. Is it time to order new ones or is there something I can do to fix this? I've never experienced what a leaking injector looks like. Of course the strange thing is the car it's done on didn't seems to suffer from any issues.

#1 Daddy_D, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

A couple of extra fuel drops won't kill an engine

However what you describe sounds like a little trear on the lower O ring. Swap that out and see if it fixes it, chances are it does :)

3. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

Jesus christ, does nobody know the answer to this simple question? There's got to be some good mechanics or DIY'ers still around. I feel like I've stated the obvious and answered my questions but was hoping somebody can confirm....

4. Justin AUS

Justin AUS New Member

you either have an injector that needs to be cleaned if it is not spraying correctly or you need to replace o rings if it is leaking fuel