Best place to learn Drifting in UK within reasonable budget?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by arleitiss, Jul 22, 2018.

1. arleitiss

arleitiss New Member

I am planning to travel to UK on 16th of August and I am looking to find a way/place to learn drifting.

I am from Ireland and I find that the options here are quite limited, ideally I would want to learn basics/medium techniques and be able to attend local track and drift around safely and being confident.

My budget is about 700 GBP.
    I would love as intensive course/way as possible.

Any suggestions? So far I am considering:
    ProdriftAcademy UK,
    Drift Limits
    DriftLand UK

Any experiences or suggestions which of those would offer best?

#1 arleitiss, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  2. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

If you did decide to go for Driftland, keep an eye on groupon as they sometimes have offers up.

3. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

If you already have a practice car, it may be worth going to a santa pod drift day. There's 3 play pens designed for complete beginners starting with doughnuts to figure of 8's. You'd be surprised how much/quickly you learn when you have some space.

If you're 100% set on tuition then I've heard good things about pro drift academy, Yohann is really friendly but I'm not sure if they do "intensive" courses.

4. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

This is what i did, get the car and go learn if you can. I wasnt keen on tuition as i personally thought my money was better spent on the Car and wheels, rather than someones time. Each to their own though!

My first few days have all been with the Flatout Factory/Pro Drift academy guys. Yohan and Kenny are spot on guys to speak too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. arleitiss

arleitiss New Member

No I don't have practice car, I would be looking into getting one eventually after I get into it, we have one local track but I feel that I would end up getting a car, then going there and crashing into wall or something as I've never done it before.

6. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

Thats fair enough, not against tuition, I guess it will give you a taste before commiting to buying a Car.

I wont lie though, its the most fun/rewarding thing you'll do in a car, ever. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. arleitiss

arleitiss New Member

Well actually I tried it once but it wasn't anything full-on (It was still fun)
    It was just once - me and my friend went to industrial estate and I parked on one side then revved up, turned wheel to the very right and let the clutch go, that's as much experience as I have (so totally 0).

I would love to get into drifting on frequent basis on our local track and UK has way bigger choice of tracks and venues.

8. arleitiss

arleitiss New Member

Ended up going with DriftLand.

9. SoulFireMage

SoulFireMage New Member

Bit late in the day, but for other newbies that look at this thread, I had a good time with Learn2Drift. They do half and full days. 3 and 6 hours, 1 2 1 but you can take two other drivers if you want to share the cost.

It did take me a few lessons to get any good and I went back a lot of times, but I've seen a 16 year old go and do a single day and get so good he was invited back to train as an instructor and do competition.

10. Slide Boy

Slide Boy New Member

If Prodrift Academy UK is anything like ME, it should be very good.