Is Garagemac still around?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by whiteface, Feb 21, 2019.

1. whiteface

whiteface Member

I've got a skanky e36 vert that's in need of some polybushing, and other general "it's old and fucked" attention. garagemac got some recommendations on here a few years back but it looks like jamie's moved on now?

Has anyone got recommendation for a decent garage near Northampton that'll sort out all the shit jobs I can't do on my drive without bankrupting me? Drivetrain sounds loose as fuck so I wanted to just yolo in polybushes everywhere they'd fit, throw in a new gearbox (I fucked 2nd+3rd), maybe clutch + racecar flywheel for fun, and maybe even spend less than the car cost getting it done. I might be the eternal optimist, but I've bonded with my shitbox and wanna keep it alive to the chagrin of everyone telling me to get a saab daily.

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Could try Di Racing in Cambridge?

3. Tris535

Tris535 New Member

Drop obcessivecarcare a message, they're down ross road. They did the clutch and flywheel in my Silvia very cheap and knows what hes on about

4. whiteface

whiteface Member

Took me months but I've finally gotten off my arse and been down there, car's all sorted out + Scot's a top chap! Cheers for the recommendation Tris!

Added bonus of finding out only the rtabs+alignment are shit, the rest is actually solid. The money I'd put aside for replacing all the fucked bits has now been spent on wheels instead. Result!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tris535

Tris535 New Member

No worries, Scot's a gent glad it didnt need as much work as thought