Anyone know Matt from Mafia motorsport near Bedford?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Teggers, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Teggers

Teggers Member

He does a bit of building for time attack and the BDC and when I popped to see his unit and a car had for sale I did recognise quite a few of the cars he had there.

The reason why I'm asking is that my dad bought a car from him that needed a bit of engine work to be perfect (bent conrod) and agreed to pay half the cost of the car and engine work back in March and the other half on completion agreed to be no more than 3 months. He duly paid several thousand pounds but has had minimal contact since then and for the last couple of months has not heard anything. The car was supposed to be completed by the end of May/beginning of June. Matt has not been responding to any of his messages or phone calls or my WhatsApp messages so he's a little bit concerned that he spent all this money and has nothing to show for it.

I get that Matt also works for a Formula 1 team and may be busy, but at least he could let us know something because of the moment my dad is getting quite frustrated and is on the verge of taking him to court to recover his money.

If anyone can help or knows him please let me know by PM.

Thanks.

2. Fraser Mac

Fraser Mac Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't say ive ever heard of them mate, hopefully you get it all sorted out and its just a misunderstanding.

3. WJL

WJL New Member

Matt is currently also working on my engine on my s13 which I bought from him in February, I didn't give him a timeframe for when I wanted it finished and it still isn't finished. I know that he's had other customer projects going on as well. He also doesn't really respond much often. From what I've been told his shifts keep changing at work.

#3 WJL, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  4. Teggers

Teggers Member

Thanks for that. He has messaged my dad now so hopefully something will happen soon.

There was a time frame agreed and it's now 2 months past this. That's the frustration along with the lack of contact. Fingers crossed he gets it sorted and finished ASAP. Then I'll have a happy dad and Matt will hopefully be happy too as he'll have all the money.

5. Teggers

Teggers Member

Since the above mentioned message and promise to call, which never materialised, there has been no contact at all.

I can't believe he has not seen any of the messages or letters sent and the next steps are now being taken.

All he has to do is honour the deal he agreed to back in April. Rocket science it is not.

6. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Why are you posting this on the internet?

Go speak to the man face to face and solve your issues

7. Teggers

Teggers Member

Because I'm asking for help. Because it's 300 miles away from me. Because I'm trying to help my dad. Because I assumed that there was still a sense of community here. Because "the man" doesn't respond to messages or calls and I'm trying to support a family working 6-day-weeks and don't have time to drive a 600 mile round trip.

If you're not going to suggest anything helpful and just be rude, don't bother posting and wasting my time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

As you can clearly see all your looking for help and internet posting are achieving sweet fuck all.

Go tell the man

9. Em4

Em4 Guest

Hey can you email me XXXXXXXX

#9 Em4, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2022
  10. Stylepoints.180

Stylepoints.180 New Member

go speak to him face to face, youll get actual answers not the run around from a message or phone call, he cant run if youre in his face