2014 odc is here!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jonofd3, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

OK Guys, here we go...... 2014 is finally about to kick off for people looking to compete in the ODC!

After a rocky 2013, it gives great pleasure to announce the start of (a well run and focused) 2014 UK Open Drift Championship. This championship is designed to be entirely for the drivers, both amateurs and skilled alike who want a fun and challenging national championship without having a huge financial burden.

The format will change slightly for 2014 as we will be running 2 classes:,
    A - with roll cages (Twinning)
    B - without roll cages (no twinning)

with various qualifying venues holding their own competitions under the ODC umbrella and submitting scores to the central ODC team. These scores then determine the top 32 drivers who will be eligible for a heavily discounted national final event held at an awesome venue at some point around October 2014. Prizes and other goodies will be awarded to the top drivers in the final.

The ODC is run by Gordon McIsaac, and Gavin Cumming this year with a little help from myself (Jono) and a few others, then there are each of the venue organisers that complete the rest of the team. We are relying on the venues to send us the scores from each round in the specified format shown on the spread sheet that will be provided, this will allow us to update the championship table swiftly and trouble free!

The fees this year are reduced to a £10 entry fee (for admin purpose only), and the only sticker being the sunstrip, which will be mandatory for the final 32 cars competing, but you can all purchase one should you wish to for the fee of £15. As an added bonus, this year the sun strip has been refreshed and will include your race number and the logo/crest of the venue you are competing at! This is the Pembrey sun strip:

[​IMG]

Each driver MUST have 4 qualifying scores to be eligible for the final and they can be from any venue holding ODC events. If you are wanting to compete in the championship this year please can you let the organisers at your local event know as we are still awaiting confirmation from some locations regarding taking part this year, so let them know and lets get as many venues on board as possible (New and Old)!

How the rounds will be judged:

speed = 30 points
    angle =30 points
    clip= 30 points
    flair = 10

So that's a maximum score of 100 points which will then put you in your relative positions at that event, which leads us to the actual points going on to the leader board, this year only the top 8 positions will walk away with points for the table, and they are as follows:

Group A (Twinning Comps)
    1-100
    2-80
    3-60
    4-50
    5-40
    5-40
    5-40
    5-40

Group B (Solo skids)
    1-100
    2-80
    3-60
    4-50
    5-40
    6-30
    7-20
    8-10

Payment details and registration requirements will be up on here in the next few days, so please check back for an update..... and badger your event organisers so we get a massive championship this year ;)

Jono

2. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Awesome :) sounds promising!

Quick question about the cages, is there a certain spec required? i.e non dash dodgers, double door bars etc

How will the different classes work? Will there be 2 winners at the final then or are both the points table mixed?

3. Magic_Performance

Good news , how will it work Jono? do you enter one of the classes at the beginning of the season? Some venues dont do single runs , some venues dont do twinning so I m not clear how this will work, any thoughts on this?

4. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Cages will be determined by the track used at the final as I know pembrey and other msa tracks don't allow dash Dodgers as there are too many bends and not deemed structurally solid, so will have to chat to Gav and Gordon about that one to clear it up.

As for locations and the 2 classes, basically as far as I can see it they will be required to run both.... They might run them side by side and then work outthe winners at the end of the day, but tthat's down to the venue to sort!!

5. a2pen

a2pen Member

Weldone Jono looks good not in the OCD this but might buy a sun strip to aid the championship

6. scottc1088

scottc1088 Member

Which venues are confirmed already?

7. Gedaa

Gedaa New Member

Fantastic season last year, can't w8 to get on track n try my new toys. See you out there drivers.

8. feery

feery Member

Sounds good . Has there been any interest around the kent area .

9. pecs

pecs Member

What venues are running these ?

10. hoagy5

hoagy5 Member

Sounds good!

11. Tara

Tara Member

Can't wait! Will be back this year with the new car!!

12. Angrypanda

Angrypanda Member

So is it 25 quid all in then?

13. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Yea, £25 all in, but the sun strip is optional..... unless you make the top 32 and are able to attend the final, then you will need to have one fitted ;)

14. lukeyg

lukeyg Active Member

Whos running buxton this year so i can get in touch?

15. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

So i'm assuming that if you start the year off in one class, you cant move to the other one halfway through if its being run seperatly? I say this because my car is not ready and wont be for a few months, so plan on using another one but it doesn't have cage for some rounds then switching to my main car mid-season!?

16. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

I shall check up for you on that one matey! and something else I've just thought about! LOL

17. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Same boat as me pretty much

18. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

Cheers Jono :)

19. S13kasper

S13kasper Member

Well I better hurry the fuck up and get my car sorted then :)

20. Faniel321

Faniel321 Member

Need to know what venues there are so I can pay up , also where do I send payment to for a sun strip ?