Drift-Inc @ Pembrey ODC round 5

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drift-Inc, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Drift-Inc

Drift-Inc Member

Drift-inc sessions ODC Round 5 Sunday 31st August 2014 @ Pembrey.

All our usual rules apply, no pets, no idiots.
    Gates open 8 am
    Drivers briefing and sign on 9 am
    First car on track 9.30 am
    Lunch 12.30 pm
    Last runs finish at 5pm
    We have a small 10 minute break morning and afternoon so the marshals don't explode!
    There will be open practice in the morning, with judging just after lunch. Once finished, open practice shall resume for the rest of the day, so bring plenty of fuel and tires!

Our price is £70 for 2014, our insurance has increased in cost and so have our tire changing facilities, as most will know we have always provided tire changing facilities so you get free changes all day, we will continue to do this for as long as we can.

So cost of the day is £70 if paying as a gift, (or £74 if not to cover fees) please pay via PayPal to Gtecgarageservices@googlemail.com

This is due to a slight technical hitch with the new ODC paypal, but this will be resolved soon. In the meantime, please make sure you use the above account. Any questions regarding this, please get in contact with us

We will be doing the drivers list differently this year. I will not be putting anyone on the list until I have received their PayPal payment, this way there can be no confusion on who has paid and who has not.
    The closing date for payments is midnight on WEDNESDAY 27th AUGUST 2014, we will not accept any payments after this date or time, or any payments of cash on the day.
    Because of the way our insurance works this year we have had to put this cap on a closing date so we can put the list together for Sunday morning sign on and pay for the track before the weekend.

Can all drivers please make sure that their vehicle has towing eyes front AND rear. Scrutineering will be taking place before cars are allowed on track.

This year, there is a new track layout, and new additions. For those that attended our last practice days, you will have seen the new walls and layouts.

If you require instruction, speak to anyone in an orange hi-viz and they can point out the instructors for you. Tuition is free.

Unfortunately, there are NO PASSENGERS allowed due to insurance restrictions.
    Any questions, ask away :-)

Please remember, this is the last but 1 qualifying event for the final, so if you are short on scores, this is your chance to get a run in.

Thank you for reading, see you soon

2. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Me please..... Going to be hard waiting till the 31st, but it will soon be here :-)

3. Drift-Inc

Drift-Inc Member

Plenty of time Jono to get everything just perfect! Or wait until last minute and panic on the Saturday night!!!!

4. olliethrwollie

5. CrucialScott

CrucialScott New Member

Would this event be suitable for a beginner? Only ever done one drift day before, i have basic sliding skills. If not understandable as i don't want to get in the way of people trying to qualify...

6. olliethrwollie

yes it will be fine all skill levels welcome:)

7. tjjammo

tjjammo Member

Yes ollie get your name down! Bring the the tank!

8. olliethrwollie

il bring the tank but dout it on track tom might come down for a watch

9. tjjammo

tjjammo Member

Shame! Well i doubt that thing would fit sideways on the small track ;)

10. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Individual judged runs, no twinning ?

11. olliethrwollie

Yes individual judged runs
    And tom it will fit sideways wouldn't like to spin it tho haha

12. Al_E11evens

Al_E11evens Member

I wont be there sorry guys, Im at the Retro Rides Hillclimb. Have a good un though

13. christurner

christurner New Member

Morning is general practice/seat time, after lunch they do the judged runs where you go out and do individual runs then after that its back to open seat time etc! Normally change the layout for the ODC runs anyway so you won't be getting in anyones way don't worry haha!

14. Mr Impact

Mr Impact Member

Any ideas on a date for the final? Just need to work out dates to see if I can make it or not.

Cheers
    Nick.

15. tjjammo

tjjammo Member

Yea thats true.... I think it would ruin the mx5 if you hit me too!

16. Cook_NA_Turbo

Cook_NA_Turbo Member

any talk of doing the final yet, with Norfolk people involved?