PS13 to 5 lug (again - again -again)

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Jais, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jais

Jais Member

Hi guys,

I've found TON of information and a ton of information that contradicts one method over the other.

My issue is i currently have 4 pot nissan brakes in the front (was on the car when i purchased it) but i have 4 lug hubs, i want to convert to 5 lug as i'm gonna be running much wider rims with my rocket bunny kit that i''m almost done fitting.

My handbrake is terrible so i'm looking to either upgrade or renovate the one i have currently.

What should be my action plan? I really have very limited experience in this area so i'm not sure how everything ties up in the end. Should i go for a set of conversion hub's and just renovate my current handbrake? Or should i go for some S14 spindels with hubs etc (will i also need ball joints and so on?)

Sorry for asking on an issue i'm sure has been covered many times - but i'm still abit confused after reading alot actually more confused cause i was pretty set on just gettin conversion hubs until i started reading :)

:dw:

2. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

S14 fron ball joints are different size to s13, so if you want to run front s14 hubs/uprights etc you'll either need to replace the s13 ball joint, or run s14 lower arms with the bigger ball joint.

Rear ball joint are the same iirc, so you could just swap the 5 stud hubs in and sort the handbrake. Shame as I have just sold a complete rear 5 stud setup dirt cheap!

3. status unknown

s14/15 front hubs and lower arms (or just balljoints) for the front, rears, you want uk s13 hubs, drums and handbrake cables and z32/r33 discs calipers and wheel bearings(5 lugs)

4. ps_13ftw

ps_13ftw New Member

I have ichiba hubs on my s13, there have been mixed reports on them but mine are ok atm. worth a look?

5. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

i bought ISIS front conversion hubs from the states, came in at £150 landed for the pair. the benefits are that you get to keep your existing s13 hubs, the bearing are replaceable unlike the s14 ones, and youre getting new hub/bearings not old shite