200sx

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by aedee88, Jan 11, 2017.

1. aedee88

aedee88 New Member

Hi guys!

my 200sx is using a r33 gtst 4pot front and 2pot rear.

now my question is i have already change my master pump on rebuild kit and braided line but my braking is not functioning well. seems like there is more air inside the brake pump. we've try to bleed few time. but the result is still the same.

can anyone guide me?

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

What did you change the master cylinder for?

Do you still have ABS?

3. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

I had a problem bleeding up a master cylinder which had been sat empty for a while, I can't remember exactly what the fault was but the brakes just wouldnt bleed up until I removed the master cylinder and reassembled the master cylinder piston, which didn't take long. I bled the master cylinder on the bench and then bled up all the brakes absolutely fine. Mine is a standard PS13 master cylinder with R33 GTST brakes all round.

If i remember rightly an o-ring on the master cylinder piston had slipped or needed replacing - it wasn't producing the correct pressure so the the brake pedal always felt spongey..

4. aedee88

aedee88 New Member

im not using ABS anymore, have been remove when i install my new ECU (Adaptronice E420d)

5. aedee88

aedee88 New Member

Hi ollie

yes indeed the o-ring on my master cylinder is slipped and i have change it with the rebuild kit along with the piston at the master cylinder pump. i would have it try again to bleed it out this weekend. hope it goes well..

6. aedee88

aedee88 New Member

Hi r3k1355

i bought the r33 gtst brake kit from halfcut and they even give me the R33 gtst master cylinder. thats is why i have change it from my previous oem 200sx master cylinder. and talking about ABS, while i install my new adaptronic e420d ECU, the tuner had it remove. does it make any change is i remove my ABS?