Need advise with some Works wheels

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Mikey637, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Hi guys, picked up some Works Rezax II's and a bit disappointed. Never had 3 piece wheels before so didn't know what to expect.

Firstly these were apparently run by a few people recently yet when they turned up nearly all hardware was loose and a few nuts are missing completely.
    Secondly the lips have a couple of flat spots/dents (impossible to photo but you can feel them). They were also sealed by what looks and feels like solid/crumbly tile grout instead of silicone and they weren't just sealed they were pretty much glued together like it.

Seems like I'll need new lips as the seller isn't hugely responsive and doesn't seem to want to give me a refund and yet I can't find any that seem like they'll work?

40 hole, 1.5" (or 2") step? Lips?

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Pertsch & Partner Handelsgesellschaft mbH

These are good for lips , screws and anything else you need. I think it was Tiger seal i used when building my wheels together. Before you go down the route of ordering new lips maybe you can polish the old ones out like i did with mine , just buy a kit from the polishing shop and have a try :thumbs:

3. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Thanks :) I've polished them up nicely but they're flat spotted and dented. I'll only be keeping them if a refund is refused and a PayPal claim isn't successful. Can kinda see a few of the dents if you look hard enough
    [​IMG]

4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Were they sold as mint conditon?

My old VSXX have had a hard life, the odd dent on the inner and outer lips and a lot of rash on the edges but still seal up fine and balance fine. You'd be hard pressed to find secondhand Japanese rims that are around 20 years old that don't have a small dent in them, but it doesn't make them unusable.

So all is not lost if you're forced to keep them.

Doesn't excuse the grout tho. That shit is just nasty

5. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

I've no choice but to run them really. It's taken about 10 hours so far but I've finally got one half built up, had to use a blunt knife to remove the "sealant" in the end. Absolute ball ache, only one more to do!

Thanks for the help guys, after some arch work on the rear I'm gunna swap the 1.5" lips out for 3" lips to make them 11j hopefully