Are you a coding expert with skills in data manipulation and automation who’s looking to work in-house for a dynamic company in the automotive sector, where you can be a key part of our friendly team?
We are looking for someone to join our tech team in South Birmingham to work on a range of internal IT projects including:
- Development, support and maintenance of aspects of our own websites and associated technical infrastructure. This is primarily PHP developer work, with a focus on coding, back end technologies and a range of technical skills rather than straight-up website design.
- Acquisition, processing and management of data between suppliers, customers, internal and 3rd party systems. This will involve using scrapers, database queries, API calls, inhouse bespoke software applications as well as good old Excel.
- Creation and support of software tools built to automate business processes, collect and present data using a variety of disciplines and technologies.
If you enjoy using technologies in inventive ways and investigating geeky possibilities but would like the opportunity to do this on a larger scale for a company who’s flexible and open to innovation, this could be the job for you.
This role will involve being proactive, resourceful and flexible. Often we’ll know the goal, but it will be up to you to work out how best to achieve it.
We’re not expecting you to be an automotive genius, but if you’re into cars and are the type of person who considers working somewhere that occasionally smells of petrol or tyre smoke is a positive thing, that’d be helpful.
- Development of back-end elements for the Driftworks Web shop
- Integration and configuration of user-facing elements developed by 3rd parties
- Troubleshooting configuration and compatibility issues
- Solving complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Monitoring, reporting and ensuring best practice for the technical environment
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and technical partners
- Translation and compilation of an eclectic range of datasets into one presentable format.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of various PHP web frameworks
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Experience of object oriented PHP programming
- Experience of high volume e-commerce preferred, ideally Magento M1 and M2
- Knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and respective patches.
- Experience of developing and deploying business automation solutions
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Experience with APIs, App integrations and automation to get systems to work together efficiently and reliably
- Experience of XML feeds, data gathering, scraping, handling and translating.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience of writing Web Apps on Google App Engine or equivalent would be good
- Documentation for testing and technical procedures
- An ability to communicate and simply explain complex technical scenarios
- The ability to be focused, methodical and organised in a vibrant, distracting and sometimes high-pressure environment
This is a full time role working Mon-Fri out of our offices in Birmingham B11.
Please make sure this is practical for you before applying. Rush hour commuting into Birmingham can be a challenge…
Salary is £30k to £40k depending on experience
To apply for this position, please send us your details, CV and hosted examples of your work along with a brief couple of lines about why you think you’d be a good fit as well as a suggestion for a software tool or function that you think the Driftworks website would benefit from.
Please send by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
This first round of applications is open until mid-day on Monday 8th Feb 2021
DO NOT contact the main office in person or by phone to discuss this role please.
If you have any questions email@example.com is where to send them
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS THANK YOU!