Brexit & Corona Virus
At Driftworks we are committed to supporting our customers through the disruptions currently caused by the Corona Virus and Brexit.
If something is showing as out of stock and you wanted it soon, please get in touch and we'll see what we can do.
Brexit and Import duty & taxes into the EU
The UK is no longer a part of the EU as of 1st Jan 2021.
As the specifics of the deal were only released in the last few days, we are currently processing through what this practically means for our European customers and hope to have a clear update in the next couple of days.
We're still open for business but with some small changes!
We are doing everything in our power to ease the supply chain issues linked to shipping and manufacture disruptions. This does mean that some products may take slightly longer to ship out to people than we would like, and more products may show as back ordered. But rest assured that we will get your products to you as swiftly as possible and honour any sale prices on items due back in stock.
We're following official government advice and limiting contact between people wherever possible.
With a lot of desk moving (and relentless spraying of sanitiser) we've managed to get most of our staff, including our customer service and sales team, back in the main office.
We're processing and dispatching orders as usual. UK Next day delivery is still running smoothly, but some EU deliveries may be impacted by local lockdown restriction.
There may still be some small delays with shipping times as the courier services adjust to the huge increase in mail-order shopping and port delays.
Some key points:
- We’re not quite at 100% capacity. If the phone lines are busy please use live chat on our website or email.
- Returns are being processed as quickly as possible, but it may take up to a week.
- Courier services have changed the way they deliver to protect customers and their staff, so they will be keeping a safe distance and in some cases using photographs of deliveries rather than signatures.
- Our shop is currently open for over the counter collections for our UK stocked products, but due to new lockdown regulations orders must be pre-arranged, Please phone or email so we can get your order ready prior to visiting.
- As of the 24th July, Face Masks are mandatory in all shops in England.
If you'd like a little light entertainment while stuck at home, make sure you're subscribed to our YouTube channel!
Above all though, stay safe, look after each other and thank you to everyone for your continued support.