Special Treat for all those Old Skool Jap Fans!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by uncle silvia, Jan 19, 2010.

1. uncle silvia

uncle silvia Member

Well as you may or may not know, Im currently travelling about in New Zealand.

Ive joined up some NZ based Forums while im here so see whats going on and last sunday I was invited by the guys from oldschool.co.nz • Index page to join them on a Retro Run near Christchurch!
    So i planned a week around doing this and drove 5 hours south from Nelson where Im based at the moment.

One of the guys one the forum asked if i would join him in his car (Datsun 1200 Sedan with a 1800 Turbo engine fitted) as he had a broken leg and may not be able to drive the whole distance! I gladly went along lol.

Also as I got to know them through the day I got invited to look at some of there garages after the run! Now What i found i really wasnt expecting!!

Well ill let my photos do the talking on this bit.................

Album 1: Scott Andrews's Photos - Amazing Retro Car Run and the Old Skool Lads - Part 1 | Facebook

Album 2: Scott Andrews's Photos - Amazing Retro Car Run and the Old Skool Lads - Part 2 | Facebook

Well it turns out that the group I was "chillin" with were the guys behind the RIVERSIDE Blog R I V E R S I D E — and are actually fairly well known in NZ.
    I even made it onto the blog waving from said Green Datsun 1200 Sedan LOL

One of the warehouses (garage 1) not only houses there cars but is also their home too!! They live in attic like spaces above the cars and have a lounge and kitchen too!! They even said i could move in....... Hmm Tempting lol
    Garage 2 was just rammed with everything cool and jap Inc a CA18DET powered Starlet and an AE86 race car!!
    Garage 3 was strange!! It looked like a flat with a single garage but inside it was huge with 7 cars Inc an ex mag feature Notchback AE86 race car!!

Well it certainly was a surprize to see the amount of cool JDMness i did that day and I will be back :thumbs:

2. chris tkr

chris tkr Cockasaurus !

The pictures of the white lancia delta is my mate joe who emergrated over to nz 3 years ago, that was wired seeing pics of his car on dw !

3. uncle silvia

uncle silvia Member

Even stranger......... he just messaged me on Facebook lol

lovely car tho!!

4. chris tkr

chris tkr Cockasaurus !

I dont know if thats cos i am talking to him at the moment on there, i told him i have seen the pics.. so possibly that? nice pics btw

5. iamben

iamben Active Member

Garages with bedrooms attached gets me vote. Some seriously cool shit in them :)

Also that beams engined AE86 neeeeeds to be back on the road :D

6. uncle silvia

uncle silvia Member

Agree with all of that! I wasnt expecting any of that :D

7. MattDaKav

MattDaKav Member

Wow... they have stock!

8. wst

wst Member

...I think I might forego a house in the future, just get a warehouse/garage and live in that. Wow, awesome story and pics :D

9. uncle silvia

uncle silvia Member

= WIN :thumbs:

10. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

F$%king cool house there! girls would hate it though :(

11. wst

wst Member

You don't know the right girls then. If they can't listen to you complaining about your apex seals being fooked or your bumper being scattered around the pod in lots of tiny pieces, they're not gonna be right for ya (;

12. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

Nah, its bound to be cold in there. Girls hate cold...and oil.

13. Quail

Quail Drifted.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd drive the shit out of this Z

14. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

i hate you so much you lucky bastard.

im sure the red VK holden is/was owned by a friend of a guy i worked with. Does smokey smokey burnouts

15. Daniel

Daniel you wa shock

That's awesome! I've been reading the RIVERSIDE blog for a while now, some seriously sweet stuff on that site.

I suggest anyone who's interested in old japanese cars and Bosozoku stuff to sit down and
    have a good look through it.

16. wst

wst Member

Either they aren't in your bed, they aren't working the cooker, or they aren't helping you sorting out the cars :D

...is there anything else they can legitimately be doing? (anything else ones-self can legitimately be doing, for that matter?!)

17. uncle silvia

uncle silvia Member

Cheers guys!!! :D

Yes i was lucky as when I went to meet the owner of the little green Datsun I had no Idea who he was or who his friends did!!
    I met him at his parents house and we drove down there....... He didnt say a word and just said "we are meeting at a warehouse"

My Jaw dropped at what i found lol :wack: :thumbs: :smokin: