Hudson's street/drift PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Hudson., Apr 27, 2010.

1. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

they're £543 delivered to the UK for a set of 10x16 or £507 for a set of 10x15 + taxes.

you can get them in any offset from +36 to -48 but going up or down in increments of 12, so et00 or +12 or -12 or -24 or-36 etc.

2. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Thanks for the comments!

Dex, theyre about £600 all in, theyre really cheap, if youre american. Just got to be willing to pay the shipping which is alot unfortunately.

Hyperion - sorry I cant remember the backspace specs of mine.

Cheers James, and no worries its a genuine Bride, made sure of it before I ordered, it was a private seller and seemed to legit to be a fake. Fitted it today, tis reet awesome.

The car went for its MOT today. Passed with nothing mentioned whatsoever, my foglight setup worked a treat! Bit of red lens fixing tape, spliced off the sidelights in the rear lights and put a switch inline to one of the reverse lights, simples! Tape is off now, I might paint the bulb with nail varnish or something lol.

Was missfiring quite badly to and from the mot, from 3-4k mostly. On the way back it kept dying at junctions and lights so had to do a bit of heel-toeing action to stop it from stalling. Pull up outside mine and it conked out completely, started again ok but sounded like shizer. Opened to bonnet and looked directly down where the intercooler piping goes through the side underneath the airfilter. Instantly saw that the reducer hose for the intercooler was split.

Pulled the pipe up to see how big the split was, which turned out to go all the way round the back, it was only joined on by about 10mm of silicon haha. It must have been split when I picked the car up, and driving it back and then to the mot has finished it off!!!

The hose was solid perished and basically useless, was properly stuck to the pipes, had to snap the remaining bit holding it on to get it off..

[​IMG]

:wack:

Cleaned the car up abit as it was pure filth. Fitted my dildo gearknob so this is how it looks inside now, although ive taken the Brix out and fitted the Zeta after I took the pic, the Brix will be going in the passenger side.

[​IMG]

Wanted to have a look to see what shape the coilovers where in so took the wheels off, whipped out my steelies and bolted them on to give me a glimpse of the awesomeness to come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously its not a great idea of how they'll fit yet, but theyre not thin! Once tyres+lowness+stretch+camber happens theyre going to look rad. Need some sideskirts though to stop it looking rollerskatey.

So yea thats how it sits at the mo, just waiting for the documents back from customs so I can register it, fingers crossed it all comes in soon as I want to get to Norfolk. The guys at the mot station said I could help myself to their partworns aswell which is cool, so I picked up some skid rubber aswell!!

Cheers

3. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Small update.

Took these off:

[​IMG]

Refitted these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i fitted my Zeta with harness, oh and didloid gearknob. Need a shortshifter as I have to dislocate my elbow when going from 1st to 2nd haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to order some tyres for my steelies in a bit, im thinking 205/45's although 50 would make life easier but are quite baloony.

Also need some used cheapy camber arms and an arch roller :)

4. counteract

counteract -o=me

I tried posting the other day, but the update was in progress. I am fully fully loving this! Can't wait to see tyres on those wheels and the whole car scraping.. How low do you think it's going to be? Low enough to buy some titanium for the underside? :p

5. dsmeds

dsmeds Member

how much lower can u go with those coilovers? i'm wondering since im thinking about a s13 and going ubër mega low. :wave::thumbs::worthy:

6. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

they'll go A LOT lower than that :nod: Hudsons just being gay at the moment for some reason :p

7. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Thanks man! Well the tyres at the mo are 205/55 front and 225/50 rear (i think thats the rears) on 16's, so with 205/45's all round the body will be 1.5" lower all round roughly according to my calcs lol.

Closing the arch gap back up will mean taking 2 rings out of the front so probably another 20mm ontop of that. Total drop on the front of 60mm as it stands, so just under 2.5 inches lower than it is now ;)

Hopefully the rear will go low enough, covering the top of the tread will be enough, same with fronts! I think about it too much lol, just wanna make sure I get the right size tyres first time round :thumbs:

In that pic the fronts are maxed out, as I say you can take the locking rings out to get it 20mm or so lower. It looks high for "max low" on the fronts in the pics as the tyres are chubbers, no one would run tyres that fat on decent rims so trust me, by the time you have lower profile and maybe aero these coilys go low enough!

!!!!!! The fronts are maxed you quim! Only rolled it out the end of the drive, needs to fully settle.

8. Scrabby

Scrabby Member

Sweet! Wheels look awsome, can't wait to see them with tyres :D

9. Hammond

Hammond Active Member

will those steelies ever get fitted?

10. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Do you mean will they fit, or will they ever make it onto my car?:p

Either way yes theyre going on next week and we'll see if they fit or not haha

11. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

Love the steel wheels, I must have some, where do I buy them from...?

12. Scrabby

Scrabby Member

13. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Been doing more stuff to the car the last few days!

Removed locking rings on my fronts:

[​IMG]

Ditched the aircon:

[​IMG]

Ive also taken off the carbon canister and EGR thingy and i'm liking the new space to work in!!

My tyres arrived on Wednesday:

[​IMG]

And I went out today to get them fitted. Tried a small tyre and exhaust place who were gonna give it ago, but found that none of their valves fitted, as my diamond wheels have huuge valve holes?

Went to a local protyre, who said they had a "Cheeta"/bead blaster and were up for the challenge, then they said they dont have the valves either.

Soooo, we then tried ATS trucks. Who had the valves, result. I mentioned I wanted 205's fitted to these 10j wheels and the bloke said he'd have a go with their bead blaster. When I came back in with one of the tyres they all started saying that these tyres would never fit in a million years! Managed to talk them into having a go at fitting them, and they all went on with a bead blaster first time on all 4!!

I took a video, no idea why its on the piss, ill upload it again later:

[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/11527099]205/45/16 Falken Ziex912 on a 10j Diamond Racing wheel. on Vimeo[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think theyre spot on, exactly what I had in mind when deciding on tyre specs!

Test fitted them, this is with the topmounts maxed, no rolls or pulls, and standard rear arms:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fronts are maxed low on the HSD's, havnt settled since off the jack yet. The rears can go lower, but havnt settled yet either, and the lip of the fender is sitting on the tyre stopping it from going down enough anyway :wack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So im happy with running this height, the arch gap at the front isnt as bad as i thought it would be, still a few mm to gain once settled still.

Needs sideskirts as it kinda looks a bit rollerskatey!

Looks loads harder than i ever thought it would, pics dont really do it justice but it looks sick in real life, love it.

Got a few parts coming tomorrow, so will make an update with them.

Just need to get my mits on an arch roller now!!

Cheers

Rich

#33 Hudson., May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  14. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Exppppppppppppppppppppppppppic :D that is completly awesome :thumbs:

15. graham1987

graham1987 Member

rich they look fucking ace! im kinda thinking u should help me lower mine now???

16. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Ha ha ha, that looks mad ! very nice but mad ! Ultra stretch on those tyres hey, might find that they end up jumping off the bead with that much stretch though. How are the hsd's in comparison to the old suspension as in handling and ride comfort ? Is it not completley solid that low ? Obviosuly the next thing to do it flare those arches out as much as possible, it will look awesome then :D If you put some heat into them i bet you'll be able to get a proper flare going ! Best of luck with it all, keep us updated :)

17. balang_479

balang_479 Member

Holy cow!! they look sick... thats some poke.

18. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

One word - 'yes'

With skirts, that'd be perfect. If I had a PS S13, it'd be like this.

DONT EVER put bigger wheels and a gay chav bodykit on it!

19. Keefe

Keefe Majestic12

That looks fucking MINT.

I'd leave it almost as is only thing i'd do is get "Brick" type headlights and red/clear rear lights. But thats very trivial. Wouldn't even bother with skirts. Keep it smoooove.

20. SCOTT_28

SCOTT_28 Member

Looks great mate defo dont put a kit on it. Those wheels may have cost a fair few quid in shipping but they make the car in my opinion.