Hudson's street/drift PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Hudson., Apr 27, 2010.

1. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

Doesn't work for me :( Wider tyre and some bolt on arches might do, but not as is.

2. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

love it mate fucking sick, once i get some suspention where going to have to get ours together in a shoot mega low ps's on 16's

3. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

Feck me Hudson they look the absolute tits mate, i dont think you need sideskirts just a teeny tad lower (if at all poss), and with the arches sorted its one of the best looking ps13's i've ever seen mate .

4. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Thanks guys!! Cant stress enough that these look the absolute breasticles in the flesh. After I'd lowered it down off the jack I couldnt believe how hard the car looks now.

Big thanks to robbs for carting me around all afternoon getting the tyres on, appreciated!!

You know it makes sense matey, free all weekend probably if you want to have a crack!

Cheers man!! Yeah im defo thinking sideskirts although very sublte ones, im thinking Chuki (although they seem to be pretty tricky to get hold of!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What alternatives are there? I remember Vertex ones being 'ok, will have to look into it.

And no defo no aero or bigger wheels any time soon, just wanted to make it look hard and now I can start getting some seat time. IF I ever get tired of the look it'd only be 17's in decent fitment and minimal aero.

Ta dude! Funnily enough, thats pretty much what im doing :p. The bricks like the car I just posted ^^ and maybe some dmax crystal rears? Although the rear of the car looks cool enough already, just never really liked the projecter headlights.

Thats cool each to their own. I can see that not everyones going to like it, but thats probably why I like it so much! Something a bit different!!

Bolt on arches would never be fitted, not a fan at all. Medium sized flare and a bit less camber is whats next.

Thanks man! Yeah sounds good, cant wait to get some use out of this car, need to abuse it before I become too attatched :euge:

Really need an arch roller now, dont want to call arch enemy, as I want to learn how to do it myself, and take my time so I get it exactly how I want. Besides, by the time you pay them you just aswell had bought an arch roller anyway!!

Not gonna have a massive flair, nothing like a acute angle to cover the tyre. Aiming to 'pull' the fender out then add a minimal flair thats along the lines of the sidewall. Thats the rears anyway, the fronts just need a roll and pull as theyre pretty much fine anways.

If anyone has an arch roller thats localish or passing through the Portsmouth area anytime soon, will happily give you some credits for some alone time with your tool :thumbs:

#44 Hudson., May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 6, 2010
  5. MarkeyB

MarkeyB Member

Love those wheels.

6. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Skirts - yeah just go for some standard/copy jobs man, they are poifecto.

7. nznew

nznew Member

looks good man! good thinking on the tire sizes! stretch nice, if you ever wanted to drift this alot could pull camber right out and put some wider overfender gaurds and a vertex kit on it would look percy :nod:

what offset are those wheels

8. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

yeah cos that would give him super drift powers :smash:

wide fenders and vertex kits = instant Ueno drift skils :wack:

9. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Thanks!! Defo planning on drifting as much as possible, dunno if id run the wheels on the back purely cos of the tyres. Although yeah will some archwork im hoping to get some camber dialed out.

Dont think id go with overs and a kit with these wheels tbh, maybe another time when i get tired of these wheels!

#49 Hudson., May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  10. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

the supermade gentlemans skirts are the ones id choose if i was buying them for mine!

11. Carta

Carta Okishima

Hudson, what did you do with the boot carpet?

12. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Joe - yeah have actually been considering those skirts, need to make my mind up! Will probably come down to whatever's easiest to get hold of though really.

Carta - Ive kept it dude. Its all mint so I thought id put it in the loft just incase I ever wanted to put it back in.

Are you after one then? I know some peeps who might have spare boot interiors as theyve stripped their s13s.

13. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

Thats savage!

Listen to topi to, some simple 180 skirts and it'll be done. maybe a slight arch roll if needed.

Tip of the hat to you, one of the finest looking cars in the uk:thumbs:

Remember kidz: Less is more, fibre gl'arse' isnt always the future.

14. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

thats what i've told him he should get :thumbs:

15. counteract

counteract -o=me

:worthy:

Instant win. I love it!

16. Dex

Dex kut!

FCUKING MAYHEM!

deffo needs arch rolling and more low tho. Get some Vertex skirts and some form of rear spats

17. Daniel

Daniel you wa shock

^^ This.

Looking damn fine though man. Check your facebook messages!

18. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

the main reason behind me keeping with kit skirts atm is sometime kouki and chuchi or what ever both can be hard and expensive to get hold of, sticking with the ep racing supermade shizzle, if you molester one, you can get spares cheap next day style.

19. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Haha thanks man!! Glad you like it. Had this car in my mind for ages so its wicked to see it finally come together.

:wack:, yeah arch rolling on the cards next. Dunno how low I can go, got some more to come out the rears, like 20mm i think. The fronts are maxed out with no rings though so not really sure what can be done?

Probably see it settle once ive driven it down the road. Afterall it looks alot lower in the flesh so doesnt need too much more.

Thanks dude :thumbs:

Yeahh Chuki ones seem right tricky to get hold of, not to mention priced to the moon and back for what they are!

ep racing will be the way foward for now. Just need to decide on what I want. Spoked to Daniel earlier about that thing, needs to happen dude, well up for that! :thumbs:

Got some shiney bits in the post today.

Shiney bits being:

Japspeed Tubular Manifold.
    Japspeed Turbo elbow.
    Japspeed Twinpipe front pipe.
    Japspeed Decat.
    Driftworks rear camber arms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out my minty block:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And all refitted unfortunately to a t25g:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd have been able to whack it all back on, but the manifold gasket supplied with the manifold is absolute wank. It was split all the way down the middle and just looked like it would leak within 10 mins once fitted. Litterally peeled apart in my hands.

[​IMG]

Pretty bummed I couldnt get it back on. My mate works in the parts department at Nissan so is hooking me up with some genuine, bonified, oem gaskets which will be good.

Another thing, I never realised that the o2 sensor in the elbow is actually bolted into its own insert, which is in turn bolted into the elbow itself! Mine looks like its been in there since before jesus was born, and I dont have the spanner to get it out.

Soaking it in WD tonight and taking it to my mates workshop for spanner+vice+torch actions tomorrow.

Removed the eggsauce:

[​IMG]

Have a feeling this is going to be quite loud!! Pretty rinsed at the moment after my spending spree!

Fortunately the customs form turned up today and ive been down the DVLA office to apply for the V5. Should be on the road next week sometime!!

20. skinz180189

skinz180189 Member

Worst comes to worst, a pair of stillsons and a hammer will get it out :)