Need help im new :)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Olinator21, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Olinator21

Olinator21 New Member

Hey guys rather new to this had an uncle who was into drifting. Anyway im doing my test at the start of december and ive been looking at different cars but the one that i am after is a Bm 316i. Weld the diff and have some fun, however i need it to get to tech / work and i cant get a quote yet cause i havent passed the test however i have the money to buy one now but i dont want to rush into it only to have to pay like 5k on insurance :p if u guys could maybe gimme a rough estimate or any ideas of RWD cars that are practical and good craic much appreciated thanks :)

btw have a part time job and no criminal convictions if that matters :p

#1 Olinator21, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. xcore

xcore Member

i recon 2k

3. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

At least. Build up a years NCD and then get a rear drive car. Been covered a shitload of times so use the search button.

4. Thomas Irish

Thomas Irish Member

i got a quote of 2.5k for insurance on a renult clio.. im 17..
    So, i bought a 180sx instead...

5. johnm

johnm Member

just say you have passed it, you dont need to accept the quote! least it will give you an idea.:thumbs:

6. KOUKI_SR20DET

KOUKI_SR20DET Member

or you could just lie about your age and get an r33 gtst for less than 3k:nod:
    (i can imagine your parents' reaction)

7. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

Really feel sorry for you youngsters, It's so difficult for you to do anything.

Insurance, trailers, etc etc.

Fair play for keeping at it.

8. Thomas Irish

Thomas Irish Member

To use my 180, Im still in school, dont have a job, and i still have to pay to get insured on parents automatic merc.

I have to pay for tyres, petrol, anything like kouki lights etc is all extra, i have to pay for any 2nd hand parts, i have to pay for anything that gets damaged or needs replacing... and after that your left with a normal looking, non impressive car with the bare minimum of extras.

Then i have to pay for disel for the tow vehicle, rental of a tailor, entry fee...

I cant even try explain how hard it is, The past two years ive worked flat out to save enough to buy it, my family havent given me a penny, my family are not interested in motorsport or cars at all, so everything i have learned has been self tought wether it be engines like the SR or a chasis like the S-body...

and i still havent got it ready for a track day!
    cant even fill the tank with petrol.

fml....

Rant over....just prepare to give up your life to own a drift car.

9. skinny d

skinny d Member

Feel for you dude ! It's precisely why I've given up on '' the dream '' of having something myself in the next 1 or 2 years .

Just wait til we actually have jobs and can afford shit . It'll all come in time :D

( Secretely I'm like this though :cry: ) haha :smash:

10. JAM3SFULL3R

JAM3SFULL3R Member

i had a ps wen i was 17 runnin just over 300bhp lol get a job in a garage part time rinse there trade insureance :wack::D

11. Zoomj

Zoomj Is Skint

This!

Learn to actually drive for a year, earn NCD then get a volvo/beemer/shitter to learn in.

12. Olinator21

Olinator21 New Member

thanks a while lot but if anyone could gimme some ideas for a rwd car that is insurable at 17 ps. anyone know someone selling a cheap civic in northern ireland freind is after one :)

13. JohnJ

JohnJ Active Member

It's got to be a MK1 MX5.

Amazing fun and a brilliant car.