New blog from a gurrrl!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by shilpabhavini, Jul 29, 2010.

1. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Hola peoples,

I have started a new blog. Please feel free to check it out and post comments etc...

That Blog.com

Please remember I am an amateur in blogging so bare with me whilst I get to grips with the whole process.

Anyone wanting to leave their blog details relevant to mine or drifting or ladies drifting they are most welcome!!

:wave:

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

You started a blog to learn about drifting?

Hi by the way ! :)
    I'll exchange links for naked pics :p

3. Hails

Hails Chick drifter :)

"Another motive for starting this blog is to understand something I am really interested in by getting the information from those who don’t take for granted that I would know what a set of Yoko’s or Falcons are (after shooting a confused look at my other half, I now know these are tyres), amongst a whole multitude of lingo that frankly, if I’d have grown up learning and modifying cars, I would have no problem understanding."

Thats pretty stereotypical, it sounds like your claiming girls don't grow up around cars or listen .... I am a girl, I was brought up around cars .... I have been modifying cars since I can remember .... I can quite happily take apart a car with a little man strength (as evidently I'm not strong enough to lift a CA gearbox for long enough!)

But good luck with the blog, there certainly aren't enough girls into drifting (I suck at it btw but I try!)

4. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

now now mint thats my mrs your asking to see pics of there:smash: :)

i will sell ....... them :D

5. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Seconded.

6. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

I've never really gotten the 'blog' thing tbh but ok.

I'm also a woman into motorsport and i've been brought up around cars, i dont really feel a blog would help anyone learn anything though! Driftworks does! As long as you have a thick skin you'll find all the info you need right here!

7. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

....... blog needs pics of the rx7 that your building with me :D

8. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hails [​IMG]
    "Another motive for starting this blog is to understand something I am really interested in by getting the information from those who don’t take for granted that I would know what a set of Yoko’s or Falcons are (after shooting a confused look at my other half, I now know these are tyres), amongst a whole multitude of lingo that frankly, if I’d have grown up learning and modifying cars, I would have no problem understanding."

Thats pretty stereotypical, it sounds like your claiming girls don't grow up around cars or listen .... I am a girl, I was brought up around cars .... I have been modifying cars since I can remember .... I can quite happily take apart a car with a little man strength (as evidently I'm not strong enough to lift a CA gearbox for long enough!)

But good luck with the blog, there certainly aren't enough girls into drifting (I suck at it btw but I try!)

Thanks I really do appreciate the input. but like i said, I haven't grown up around cars, and I will be happy to admit my interest is very new, hence the combination of forum and blog - I had grown up around music, for instance, so my knowledge base on that topic is deeper than that of drifting and cars. which is why I started the blog, I tend to be able to learn more through a dialogue. each to their own.

Good luck with the drifting though, ladies like you are who I am looking for support and encouragement from.

xxx:thumbs:

9. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

blog is purely for educational and professional purposes. (day job) don't worry I will try my hardest to not become another chick with a clueless rant about cars lol

I've been pretty much on driftworks for a while, but only got myself a profile recently. my bad.

definitely appreciating the interest whatever the nature! cheers lovely :D

10. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

lightning and mint,

good luck with your requests...google drift girls. I think that content would suit your needs much better...or check out some of the threads on here? either way, thaaaaanks...but no

:D

11. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Fair enough! What do you do for a day job if you dont mind me asking? You sound like your a writer of some sort?

Good luck on the drifting anyway, if you ever want to chat to a fellow female drifter, gimme a shout.

12. Hails

:thumbs: No worries - I mean us girls have to stick together!

Good luck with the blog too - it sounds like an interesting idea. Driftworks will definately be a good source of knowledge, but if you really want to get to know a subject, really getting stuck in helps. My dad is a mechanic and he tried for years and years to put me off cars, but then he realised that wasn't going to happen, he still helped me way too much with my old Evo, but I've learnt alot in the SX project (mainly cos I moved 150 miles away from him) and I've done stuff I never thought I could (have to say that some of the guys I've met off here are totally awesome too) - like fitting the clutch all by myself (with Axle off here on the other end of the phone explaining what I needed to do)

Get yourself along to a drift day and get as many passenger rides as possible (if u dont already have a suitable car, if you do, then get as many people as u can to ride passenger with you as well) and speak to as many people as you can, people here seem more than willing to share their knowledge around :dw:

13. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

The girl speaks the truth! Get stuck in, buy a cheap drift car, tell your other half to take a back seat and fix it yourself! Getting down to Santa Pod for DWYB or demo would be a good idea too.

14. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

hallooo,

exellent thank you so much!

I've been to a good few DWYB. JDM Allstars and Drift-Inc events so far, and currently working on an Rx7 with a SR20 Det - biiiig project :S but yup i've already experienced pain, had the subframe dropped on to my kneecap while taking it off the car. I'm learning, but I'm in it hard! lol

Off to Pembrey next week, and saving up for my drift lesson (just to get my arse next to mr chapman, lol) so that I can go drift with my other half.

When I get stuck in, I'll definitely have more to say. but for now *hands up* I shall be a spectator until finances permit me to get ON IT!!

:D

xx

15. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

I'm on it, I promiiiise lol

:dw:

16. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

The smaller the skirt, the more passenger rides you'll be grabbed for. Especially if the car has got impossible doorbars.

17. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

I am due to begin a new job as a social media brand manager. (basically lazy marketing) but meanwhile I am currently working for Aston Martin - in Gaydon?

I am definitely adding you to my *go-to* list don't worry :p

#17 shilpabhavini, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  18. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

fair play i am impressed how much you have got stuck into the rx7!! loads more to do after i do the welding next week on it :D

19. Hails

Aww thanks :o And if all else fails, just steal his car (I stole my room-mates when I was at Norfolk cos the SX wasn't ready - I spun alot and scared him :D)

Yeh I have numerous scars on my hands from cars, latest injury was whilst I was grinding the head off a flywheel bolt (LONG STORY!) and the head of the bolt flew in my hood of my hoody (that i had up to protect my face/hair etc) burnt my cheek, fell down my shirt and believe me I have never rolled out of a car quicker than I did then! If anyone had driven by, it was 8.30 on a saturday night and I was pulling all my tops off to get it out! But needless to say, I got the bastards out :D

how did I know something like that would come from you :p

20. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

injuries FTW.

I am a tad gutted that my knee cap didn't bruise for long. had to hobble for a few days but that is definitely not hardcore enough! lol in all honesty, I am always having a go at the mr to let me get stuck in, but alas he had me holding the door when *we* were taking the engine out!!!

all in good time and I have plenty more things to get involved in. I am definitely in no rush, but I AM pretty psyched about getting behind the wheel (eventually it will come to me stealing the S15, but he's definitely not one to be messed with when it comes to this bad boy, perhaps ill sneak the extra key into my bag *by accident*...can't blame a girl for scheming!

:thumbs: