Minty.Fresh X Project-G Roadster

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mint, May 6, 2010.

1. shaiz

shaiz Active Member

Either that or somebody's getting "fcuked in the earf".

2. Gary.

Gary. Member

F'd in the A?

I apologise for my lack of apprication towards a stretched R888

3. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

There isn't much of a swear filter on here. Also Mint has a thick skin, so if you like you can say "having stretched R888s is a shit idea" or "stretching R888s is fucking pointless", but whatever your view it's hard to agree or dissagree if no one but you knows what the hell you mean. It's a forum for open communication, not just randomly blurting out your feelings in an incoherent way. Think of the readers, then think of what the readers will think of you after they're read "fcuk this gay earf"

Also even if "F'd in the A" means "fucked in the arse" that doesn't in any way relate to the tyres, fitment or anything else.

I say all this because I think other people's opinions can sometimes matter, and it would be a shame to ignore a post from someone who was a tyre engineer at Toyo, for example, just because they can't write.

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

:) haha brilliant. The front Bridgestones are PISH! There coming off this week thank fuck.

For the first time, im more than willing to admit, i chose to do something, which seriously screwed my car. Thankfully I still have my RE01's to put on the front :)

I now bottom out 5-7 times on my daily drive, and arch gap is MASSOOVE and she understeers like a pillok ;)

5. Gary.

Gary. Member

Holy shit dude, relax.

I'm not a tyre engineer, nor a pro drifter - my opinion is fairly worthless haha.

Just sayin i didnt feel the stretched triple 8s, albeit in a roundabout fashion.

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

Stretched 888's? Hardly I still have 100% tread pattern on the black stuff.

7. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

I am relaxed, and now your posts are readable. Everybody wins.

8. the hat

the hat Active Member

are you at crail on sat mint as it would be good to see the car in the flesh seen you drive past in the other direction a couple of times your exhaust is mega raspy lol

9. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

LOL. This is like a clown car. Those sideskirts don't fit, front lip is getting worn away to nothing, rear diffuser looks like it's been attached with pritt stick, and what the hell happened to your rear screen?

Love those R888's though. Very nice.

10. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yeh stu im gonna be skidding! Cant wait :)

lmfao !! True that, The sideskirts are backwards and for a datsun :p
    The front lip is brand new bro so its all good :)
    Rear diffuser is solid though man, its on good and propar :D The rear window you mean?? It was attacked by a sticker book !!!! The bastards :wack:

11. the hat

the hat Active Member

awesome wanting a passeger ride fella as im not gonna be skidding but would mega love to try the super slow auto cef on the oval as i can skid it its just hard and would never manage the big track lol

are you guys heading from asda aswell

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

Lol I can take you out but I'm no where near as good as you man lol !! I'm bringing snips incase I have to 'remove' the power steering :p lol.

Yeh I think so dunno what time though

13. the hat

the hat Active Member

would a non pas rack for an fc fit as i have one of those and they have more lock than a pas fc rack im told and if that diffuser is for an fc how much for you to get another lol

and a passenger ride would be great

14. the hat

the hat Active Member

oh yeah as far as i know were leaing asda at 8 but ill still be late as the cef is a super slug your mx5 must 5x faster

15. mint

mint touch my fruit

It's like 130hp MAX! lol well slow for a 1.8 lol. Ok I think some of is are going over the cairn o mount so will probally see you there.

As for the rack iv no idea.. :/ em the diffuser was for a FD3S. I just made it fit, got it off the bay for around £160 iirc. I can get the link if you like?

It turned up with a small crack but it's not too bad.

Just fitted a new HKS filter my other half got me for my birthday! So cool to finally have a decent filter and not a and me down haha.
    Also I smashed the lip last night. Pile of junk.

16. the hat

the hat Active Member

well thats got to be 15bhp more than the cef but 29 less than the volvo my mate kevs driving the volvo is such a shit box lol

but cool if you can find the link that would be great have you got more lock on the mx5 yet or is it not too bad as i have no idea what there like sideways as if not ill come round one night before sat and put some spacers on the rack before the drift day if you want

17. mazdachris

Standard lock is pretty decent on them actually. If you see the picture in my avatar, that was more or less full standard lock. Though of course more is always better. You don't get a whole lot of extra thread to play with on these so maybe a spring washer with good thread lock is advisable.

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Iv actually got extended tir rods I wanted to fit
    Before hand which are meant to improve lock alot however didn't wanna risk it before then incase I broke something. Even bought a 30mm spanner for the job lol but figured it wud screw up the alignment more so and iv got nil bucks for a laser alignment :/

Working early fri so home from 2 on wards. Cudaube see if dunks is free? U 2 wud have a better idea than me on how they fit I think :)

19. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Win :thumbs:

20. the hat

the hat Active Member

dunks is offshore from tomorrow but i fitted the mazdatrix extra lock kit to the rx its real simple but my alighnment is still just set by eye