Minty.Fresh X Project-G Roadster

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by mint, May 6, 2010.

1. kds19

kds19 Member

:no::euge::(:cry:

2. the hat

the hat Active Member

I'm sorry keV you know the Volvo skids awesome and I love it

3. the hat

the hat Active Member

must say that was some good skidding today shame about the tire coming apart one lap into my passenger ride but oh well should see you there in the fc next time so happy days

4. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

This is freaking cool!

Nice work mate :thumbs:

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

Thanks Stu :D I was really happy with how the car performed yesterday, had a great day and went home with a smile on my face! :D Here's some photo's for you guys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was running with the RE01's up front, however due to wear, they developed understeer early on, after switching to the wider watanabes up front, i couldnt get full lock so had to remove the bumper and wings.. and the skirts where pop rivited onto the wings, so they had to come off too lol!

Car did well as I said, i was finally going fast enough to link the corners by the end and almost get my manji on like all the bigger boosted s-bodies lol :p
    Need more lock for sure though, also i need to sort my rack out as i think its knackered now from yesterday.

AND the thing needs poly bushed big time.. not solid enough for me at all, glad my second fan worked a treat though, temps stayed fine all day long!!! Used 2 sets aswell lol, not much but iv only got 130hp haha!

Now i need to get the thing looking some what presentable for JAE in 2 weeks.. ugh, arsed.

p.s. took my old man out to show him "where im wasting all my money" - He shit himself lol was brilliant fun!!

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

whoring it lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

before i swapped wheels lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

8. carlrst

carlrst Member

hahaha lol, but yea car looks so awsome, love it!:dw:

9. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

[​IMG]

I'm assuming* this wasn't deliberate or style related?
    *hoping

10. mint

mint touch my fruit

no, if u read what i posted i wouldnt need to answer that question :p The watanabe's with the 888's were too wide to run with the archs and bumper on. The sideskirts where pop riveted onto the archs so i had to remove all of it as the longchamps had the old RE01s on and they were shagged some what.

I couldnt be arsed with pricking about worrying if id blow a tyre on the archs so figured id take it all off to save me coming back in when i heard noises, this way i could go out and hit full lock with little concern.
    Its something iv now taken into consideration for future though, so i plan to pick up some oe archs this week and adapt them for the wider wheels up front :)

I also need to remove some of the oem arch still and get this thing correctly caged up. Still alot of work to do, but getting there.

11. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Yea - I thought that - would it not have just been easier to raise the ride height?
    None the less - I want your wheels for my car! Sell me!!! :D

12. mint

mint touch my fruit

Sure would have been! Would of saved me having to chisel the skirts off and now having to re glass them! Left my c's in the garage by mistake though :( You would be surprised how long it took to remove that front end tho.. around 5 minutes max? So wasnt too bad.

Id of preferred to keep it all on though as i think it looks bad ass somewhat complete, with no wings and shit it just looks like the wheels are falling off :/ lol.

Well iv actually been looking at other rims ;p i'll let ya know :D

13. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Good man. :)

14. the hat

the hat Active Member

You should have said fella had loads of tools and a set of c spanners in the boot

15. Harlen

Harlen Sum Yung Gai

Really like this car mate, gotta love the MX5 shagged-out drifter look :D :D

16. mint

mint touch my fruit

Well I think to no surprise iv knackered my track rod ends, so gonna get it fixed up and fit the new tie rods for more lock and get them aligned.

Just got my order in for 3 stack gauges, getting fed up of the cheap eBay pish not working, defeats the point in gauges.

On the look out for oem arches if anyone has.

17. Patrickr32

Patrickr32 Member

looks like you had an great skid day. to bad you had to take the front of, but fuck it. function over fashion, still looks good

18. Jaymo_sx

Jaymo_sx Well-Known Member

Saw this at jae, fucking awesome! Kept going back to check it out haha! Nice :)

19. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

I conquer it looked a great :thumbs:

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

thanks guys, heres some pics :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks to TK for the snaps and the first one was from Kay San

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Woke up on Sunday morning to pack my shit up to find my mates had done this ^ wasnt actually too happy at the time considering id slept in and had to tidy up my tent and shit, then de-tangle my car but meh, was funny after.

Great weekend, car got there and back fine with no real issues other than removing the underside on those terrible speed HILLS.

Got alot more stuff to sort out on this, iv fitted the Super Seal extended track rods, new track rod ends aswell, however I need to fit other ones and get them alligned. Probally wont be driving this over winter time and we plan on removing the engine and tubbing the front archs over the snow times. Get the thing fully polybushed, Uprated front and rear anti roll bars, cage it and then work on the engine somehow, either FI or Swap. Either or.

THanks for the comments and to the ones who came up and spoke to me, i was pretty drunk though tbh :p so dont recall haha. I did however reverse into the celica club banner poles, woops. :/

Also massive shouts to Gareth at TOUGE for the Vinyl down the sides. Got me them in RECORD TIMING! EPICS!

Also just fitted some Depo Racing USDM front single harness cyrstal clears, got some Purple Strobes to re-fit in the front aswell and I fitted new front and rear Tegiwa Tow hooks.