want to sell my car

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by shilpabhavini, Oct 22, 2010.

1. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

I want to sell my car (it's a peugeot 205 :( nothing to be shouting about but it's been in the family for 20 years and I feel like it's going to die give or take six months) and get a drift ready/daily - how cheap can I get one for and what's the best one?

been told mx5 or mr2 maybe. but I looked on ebay and there's some going in the region of £400?

is that good or would i need to spend shitloads on getting it to the standard where i can drift/practice in it and drive it as a daily?
    :dw:

2. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

mr2's are pap for drifting, and a £400 mx5 is most likely gonna be a shed, you're not really gonna get anything 'drift ready' for £400, what is your total budget ? do you have any insurance restrictions, come on more info would be helpful !

3. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Search button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

sorry well the fella said to smack the pug on ebay and raise a few more dollars to get one but short of getting him to do all the work and not getting to grips with stuff myself i thought i'd use my shitty job to get more knowledge!

well realistically, im looking at a budget of 500 ish. but really, if i can't afford something that i can pretty much use straight away then i might as well save up and wait til i can, and run the pug to its death. just trying to get an idea of what im aiming for

not insurance restrictions - im 25, no points etc.

5. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

have had a look on here, but some of the one's i looked at seemed too good to be true.

6. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

plenty of skid cars for £500... BMW's, MX5's, Volvo's. You just need to look for the right things when buying.

7. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

that's what i need to know really, if im really honest. am i being unrealistic by looking for something to drift at that price AND use as a daily?

8. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Info on drift cars and selling 205's

9. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

you can use a skid car as a daily :confused:

10. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

no i know that, but basically i was asking if i was to get a cheap mx5 (as i've seen) use it as a daily and learn to skid it, then am i looking at long term expensive running costs (insurance, maintenance etc)

eg I found this on here

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-cars-sale-private-sales/126171-black-mr2-turbo.html

obv to get it on the road i'm going to have to put cash in. but am i looking at stupid waste of money with this car or is it worth it...just trying to figure out what im supposed to be looking for.

11. -jamie-

-jamie- StrongFlex UK

*sigh* +1

12. mitsi_matt

mitsi_matt dorihomo

13. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

mr2's are shit for drifting as has already been said.

mx5 is your best bet and no it wont be expensive.

14. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

thanks. i've done plenty of searching. found a few mx5's and I'm getting more into the idea of getting rid of the pug (or selling it for parts) and saving a little to get myself one, so at least i can use mine and not shit myself at the thought of ruining the s15.

15. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

just to give you an idea, i sold a 1.6 eunos for £650, from what i remember off the top of my head it had wining gearbox and diff, major water in the sills problem, needed new discs and pads, body was tatty but not much rust, needed 2 wheel bearings, no tax but 4 months mot.

a friend bought a mk1 mx5 for £300, no tax or mot and had a massive dent in the side but mechanically sound.

16. shilpabhavini

shilpabhavini Member

that's pretty much what i needed to know. im looking at a few mx5s and will post some up if people wouldnt mind giving their opinions. realistically, id want to get sorted by spring next year. just looking at the market for pugs too so i know where to place mine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAZDA-MX-5-Tr...omobiles_UK&hash=item2eb0b1bb0c#ht_939wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-MAZDA-MX5-1...omobiles_UK&hash=item43a28963cc#ht_768wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1999-MAZDA-MX...mobiles_UK&hash=item2c5841c475#ht_1029wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-MAZDA-MX...mobiles_UK&hash=item1e5f2cc61a#ht_1344wt_1139

#16 shilpabhavini, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  17. tooley

tooley ドリフトキング

As I have said mr2 are mid engined so they are extremely difficult to drift. Mx5 is the best bet but for 500 it would need some work to get it road worthy.

18. docwra

docwra Active Member

134 posts and you are asking what car to use and where you can drift? FFS, what exactly have you been using this site for?? :confused:

19. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

20. docwra

docwra Active Member